• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Quote: Chief Executive of the Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) Andrew Altman said: "The public has given a new piece of London its identity, where communities will grow in five new neighbourhoods, alongside the spectacular venues and open spaces created for the Games."

Should read, "The public has given a new piece of London its identity, where BTL Landlords and Foreign Investors can buy up five new neighbourhoods, alongside the spectacular venues and open spaces created for the Games."

Hey ho.

HOLA446

Should read, "The public has given a new piece of London its identity, where BTL Landlords and Foreign Investors can buy up five new neighbourhoods, alongside the spectacular venues and open spaces created for the Games."

Hey ho.

Don't be so negative! Might be as much as a full decade a desirable area, before it becomes firmly a slum.

HOLA447

Don't be so negative! Might be as much as a full decade a desirable area, before it becomes firmly a slum.

A friend of mine is renting a new build flat in North Greenwich, the regenerated area just next to the O2 Arena (Millennium Dome as was). Although he pays quite a lot in rent to a BTL landlord, the majority of his neighbours are poor immigrants being housed there courtesy of the taxpayer. That place is firmly slumward bound.

HOLA448

Anyone who unfortunate enough to have bought off-plan in the Greenwich Millenium Village built around the O2 centre might disagree with you

It will probably be a sinkhole slum from day one

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Surely, they have got to be:

New Dhaka

New Mogadishu

New Harare

New Poznan

New Karachi

the Islamic State of East Londonistan

after all, that's who will live there

whenever I see a snide border-line racist post like this on hpc, I just think thats its quite funny that the reason that the middle class white poster is priced out of buying a house in London is often because brown or yellow foreigners are simply richer and more successful than they are and can easily outbid them ;)

Think about that and go back to your work little office drone :D

HOLA4416

If I was buying in a nieghbourhood that had nto been around for quite a few decades I would want a large discount. Because its hard to guess where a neighbourhood will go.. will it go upwards with wealth people buying in the area and maintaining and upgrading their homes.

Or 9 times out of 10 will it become BTL slum lords and renting to the taxpayer. With a few stressed out gen x couples who paid way too much sprinkled around the neighbourhood.

HOLA4417

whenever I see a snide border-line racist post like this on hpc, I just think thats its quite funny that the reason that the middle class white poster is priced out of buying a house in London is often because brown or yellow foreigners are simply richer and more successful than they are and can easily outbid them ;)

Think about that and go back to your work little office drone :D

I think you're assuming a lot. When I lived in London, I owned in NW6 (W Hampstead, not Kilburn), NW3 (proper Hampstead) and SW6 (proper Fulham)..... I didn't move to E London back then because it was already mostly a run down shtihole. And it's not been improved by even more immigration. As for the comment about Islamic States, it was a comment on the 'mayoral elections' and the moronic Islamic weirdos putting up "Shariah Zone" stickers.... perhaps I shouldn't have tried to post a message with at least two meanings, one of which was more political than observational - as some of the moral outraged high ground mob would miss it.

but no, you're right, I am currently living in a bedsit above a Dixie Fried Chicken in Tooting, struggling to find a deposit to buy a 50% share of a shoebox in Thamesmead...... and I am such a loser, I can't afford to buy a decent house in just under half an acre mortgage free in my 30's because I keep getting outbid by those damned foreign Chelsea players ... oh hang on.......

Edited by Rachman

HOLA4418

I think you're assuming a lot. When I lived in London, I owned in NW6 (W Hampstead, not Kilburn), NW3 (proper Hampstead) and SW6 (proper Fulham)..... I didn't move to E London back then because it was already mostly a run down shtihole. And it's not been improved by even more immigration. As for the comment about Islamic States, it was a comment on the 'mayoral elections' and the moronic Islamic weirdos putting up "Shariah Zone" stickers.... perhaps I shouldn't have tried to post a message with at least two meanings, one of which was more political than observational - as some of the moral outraged high ground mob would miss it.

but no, you're right, I am currently living in a bedsit above a Dixie Fried Chicken in Tooting, struggling to find a deposit to buy a 50% share of a shoebox in Thamesmead...... and I am such a loser, I can't afford to buy a decent house in just under half an acre mortgage free in my 30's because I keep getting outbid by those damned foreign Chelsea players ... oh hang on.......

use of I a lot and the need to brag about how rich you are usually indicates a deep insecurity

I'm sorry your life isn't working out the way you wanted :(

Still, the anger of the "entitled" Southern English middle class always makes me laugh :D

HOLA4419

I think you're assuming a lot. When I lived in London, I owned in NW6 (W Hampstead, not Kilburn), NW3 (proper Hampstead) and SW6 (proper Fulham).....

...... and I am such a loser, I can't afford to buy a decent house in just under half an acre mortgage free in my 30's because I keep getting outbid by those damned foreign Chelsea players ... oh hang on.......

Harry Enfield – Considerably richer than you

Excuse me Sport, I hope you don’t me interrupting..

No, that’s ok..

Only, the wife and I noticed that we to be considerably richer than you..

I’m sorry..

We seem to be considerably richer than you..

Is that a fact ?

Oh yes, just look at our clothes..we wear Chanel and Pierre Cardin and our friends here wear Next and C+A....

thank you Pam, proof indeed that we are considerably richer than you..

Lucky old you !

Luck ? Did you say luck ? Nah, luck’s got nothing to do with it..Luck ?I became considerably richer than you through honest hard work.. You get what you pay for and you get paid for how hard you work

Oh, that’s one of Stanley’s little sayings that is..d’you know my Stanley probably makes moremoney in a year than you do in 10 !

What do you think of that then, Sport ?

etc.

HOLA4420

use of I a lot and the need to brag about how rich you are usually indicates a deep insecurity

Rachman was (rather obviously) refuting your assumptions of him, so use of the personal pronoun is pretty understandable.

"Chobham Manor, East Wick, Marshgate Wharf, Sweetwater and Pudding Mill"

I'm mildly surprised at the native English nature of these names - I wouldn't have been surprised if at least one had been set aside to reflect the "multicultural" populace of the area. Suggestions on a postcard ...

HOLA4421

I'm sorry your life isn't working out the way you wanted :(

Still, the anger of the "entitled" Southern English middle class always makes me laugh :D

Sigh, the usual ad hominem approach.

1. You made assumptions (wrong ones) about me. I responded to those. Hence the "I".

2. you are still making assumptions (wrong ones). But given you will just try to spin them into "poor, closet racist is jealous of these immigrants coming over and taking/drugging/raping his women", what's the point (see, the spin that is so easy to do....).

3. You are attempting to divert from the more serious point, made frivolously. Which is that there is huge immigration into these places that is turning parts of them into ghettoes and they are filling up with people who don't want to be in Britain - they just want to take from it. I can only assume that you have a chip on YOUR shoulder about something or other. Did your great-great-grandad have to carry some commissioned officer's luggage during the Raj or something ? [see, it's so easy to make appallingly wrong assumptions, isn't it ?]

4. My life working out. I am happy with my wages, my home, my wife and my family. You ?

4. Southern ? At that point, you can sod off..... :) Bloody fairies.

BTW, your subsequent Enfield sketch cut and paste completely endorses point 3 - it's YOU who has the chip.....

Edited by Rachman

HOLA4422

4. Southern ? At that point, you can sod off..... :) Bloody fairies.

BTW, your subsequent Enfield sketch cut and paste completely endorses point 3 - it's YOU who has the chip.....

Ah yes, I remember

Like the original Enfield character yiou are from Manchester :D

You're right I hate manchunians

HOLA4423

Rachman was (rather obviously) refuting your assumptions of him, so use of the personal pronoun is pretty understandable.

"Chobham Manor, East Wick, Marshgate Wharf, Sweetwater and Pudding Mill"

I'm mildly surprised at the native English nature of these names - I wouldn't have been surprised if at least one had been set aside to reflect the "multicultural" populace of the area. Suggestions on a postcard ...

New Slough ?

HOLA4424

In a way you're right, getting the government to pay your rent and/or landing yourself a cheap council house is a sort of success.

HOLA4425