House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TruraBuoy

The Dow Jones?

Why is the Dow Jones crashing today?

For an answer for a bear of very little brain.

Reality sinking in maybe

NASDAQ down nearly 5% :o

Black Wednesday anyone?

Edited by papag

Supposedly because investors are fretting about US economic prospects. Sigh...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-stocks-sink-dow-marks-eight-session-decline-2011-08-02

But might be because although I think Fitch have continued the USA's cherished rating for now, they and other agencies are reported to have made some less than fabulous comments on the issue. Sigh again...

Fitch uphold the AAA but make squeaky noises http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/08/02/uk-usa-fitch-rating-idUKTRE7714LL20110802

There could of course be another reason, other than the bleedin' obvious

Edited by inflating

Because Obama didn't increase the debt limit sufficiently enough, Timmy has been raiding his piggy bank and just maybe the debt junkies are finally realising that they are addicts?

Then again maybe the latest shipment of coke hasn't arrived yet to alter reality.

Supposedly because investors are fretting about US economic prospects. Sigh...

http://www.marketwat...line-2011-08-02

But might be because although I think Fitch have continued the USA's cherished rating for now, they and other agencies are reported to have made some less than fabulous comments on the issue. Sigh again...

Fitch uphold the AAA but make squeaky noises http://uk.reuters.co...E7714LL20110802

There could of course be another reason, other than the bleedin' obvious

Is triple A really in danger?

Anyone in the know? Is it just panic or hot air?

Is triple A really in danger?

Anyone in the know? Is it just panic or hot air?

Didn't someone put that $billion bet on or was it all a lot of complex codswallop in the end?

Didn't someone put that $billion bet on or was it all a lot of complex codswallop in the end?

Isn't George Osborne in Las Vegas at the moment? Perhaps he is not so dumb! :lol:

Things are unbelievably f***ked up today. I expect a reversal tomorrow because if we get another significant fall then this thing could spiral...

Things are unbelievably f***ked up today. I expect a reversal tomorrow because if we get another significant fall then this thing could spiral...

You dont mean a return of the intervention squad :o I thought they had been disbanded in the cuts another u-turn

The UK, US and majority of the Anglo Saxon, if not Western world was Fecked in 2007.

All of this deficit nonsense is just delaying the inevitable.

Lifestyles are going to change.

The masses just haven't realised yet.

The plunge protection team will be out in force today I suspect.

I'd love to see some days like in 2008 with 400+ point drops.

QE3 now a certainty - we can't have baby boomers losing money on their investments.

The Dow looks weak,just like it did last summer, and can still fall to 11,500 which is a key level in the short term. Expect raised eyebrows and light panic if that is breached and we head back to 10,000. Theres more FED ammo left I think, and I don't think we'll have an Icelandic stock type collapse this time around.

Edited by Money Spinner

The plunge protection team will be out in force today I suspect.

I'd love to see some days like in 2008 with 400+ point drops.

QE3 now a certainty - we can't have baby boomers losing money on their investments.

Even though they are paying more for bread...as we all are.

The baby boomers need to f**k off.

Why is the Dow Jones crashing today?

For an answer for a bear of very little brain.

Well, US corporations have finally succeeded in

- Offshoring most of their production

- Shrinking and de-unionising their remaining workforces, this slashing domestic wage bills

- And avoiding all tax payments via assorted tax dodges and political donations.

However, in completely and utterly unrelated news, it turns out that both the US consumer and US government have absolutely no money to spend and are up to their eyeballs in debt, so those same corporations are having problems selling anything.