House Price Crash Forum
Traktion

When Is A Charity Not A Charity?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14366522

More than 2,000 charities across England have had their funding cut or withdrawn altogether by local councils, according to research.

:blink:

If they're just quangos, they shouldn't be called charities. A charity takes voluntary donations, to fund spending on those who need it. There is nothing voluntary about taxation.

Festooned with 'fake charities'... saw Shaw Trust up there. A pseudo charity if ever there was one, on the taxpayer titty, maybe not-for-profit, who knows, I doubt the directors will be struggling.

I have a friend who works for a small local charity funded by local authorities. The charity provides support workers to assist learning disabled people to live independently. It's much cheaper for the local authority to have people do this on voluntary sector wages and conditions, and of course they can cut funding without worrying about redundancies or unions. I don;t think anyone's getting rich in the charity.

I have a friend who works for a small local charity funded by local authorities. The charity provides support workers to assist learning disabled people to live independently. It's much cheaper for the local authority to have people do this on voluntary sector wages and conditions, and of course they can cut funding without worrying about redundancies or unions. I don;t think anyone's getting rich in the charity.

It's still funded through threats of violence, rather than charitable donations.

It was a case of adaptation and the fittest will survive. The last decade created some strange creatures that walked the earth.

A place where people wilfully became pregnant to attain the benefits rather than for the desire to procreate; a place where good companies would take on devastating amounts of debt or create losses because it was tax efficient; a place where entities would register as a charity as this provides the shelter and guaranteed sustenance for its survival and growth.

Edited by Money Spinner