House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

The Aaa Club - Who's Next

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/aug/01/credit-ratings-which-country-next

So who's next.

Loved the bit at the bottom.

Tax havens

Guernsey, the Isle of Man and Liechtenstein all receive a triple A rating by virtue of their status as tax havens. Only a global clampdown on their activities would change that.

At least the UK govt has 2 other options to borrow money....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/aug/01/credit-ratings-which-country-next

So who's next.

Loved the bit at the bottom.

At least the UK govt has 2 other options to borrow money....

There have been more than a few wars recently that I have felt were more than unjust.

Invading Tax Havens, and shutting them down, now that I could support.

Invading countries because they have lower tax rates is not really a sensible option. Many countries have lower tax rates than the UK. Many of these countries also have better public services. Perhaps the UK needs to copy them?

Invading countries because they have lower tax rates is not really a sensible option. Many countries have lower tax rates than the UK. Many of these countries also have better public services. Perhaps the UK needs to copy them?

BB, lower tax rates is one thing. Tax havens are something entirely different, places that pretend to offer low tax rates, when they actually allow people to evade their taxes.

If the army rolled in, and a quick audit showed all was ok, then they can leave again.

A better solution would be to make all financial records and safe deposit box content information available to all governments and auditable to show compliance. Some of these tax havens have done this, but not all. The reason that they dont like to do this is because there are all sorts of illegalities and nasties that places like Liechtenstein dont just ignore, but actually help evaders.

There is also the argument that it is easy to have low tax rates in a small country populated by billionaires. The thing is that those small countries dont generate any wealth on their own, they suck it out of bigger countries.

Tax havens can have low tax because they don't have an army or nhs to pay for.

They rely on "parent" countires to protect them and if people in the IOM get sick they travel to the mainland for treatment.

On that basis I see nothing wrong with invading them.

Tax havens can have low tax because they don't have an army or nhs to pay for.

They rely on "parent" countires to protect them and if people in the IOM get sick they travel to the mainland for treatment.

On that basis I see nothing wrong with invading them.

I seem to remember that the IOM makes a contribution to the UK Exchequer in return for the services provided.

Invading Tax Havens, and shutting them down, now that I could support.

LOL, do you actually think before posting?

Do you realise that a lot of tax havens are crown territories, therefore protected by the UK armed forces?!

Wake up, it's our very own UK elite (blue-blooded and banksters) who makes most use of these crown controlled tax havens.

So if you want to do something, start to question publicly why our queen runs and protects these tax havens.

I seem to remember that the IOM makes a contribution to the UK Exchequer in return for the services provided.

If said contribution reflected the services provided, they would have to have the same tax levels as the rest of the UK.

If said contribution reflected the services provided, they would have to have the same tax levels as the rest of the UK.

Only if they received the same services.

I wonder how many diversity officers there are in Douglas?

Or perhaps more importantly how many are claiming disability and £20,000+ in benefits.

Or perhaps more importantly how many are claiming disability and £20,000+ in benefits.

it would be interesting to find out how many people and how much in benifits if at all are claimed on these "british Tax Havens" and who actually pays for them, the Local government or the UK government

it would be interesting to find out how many people and how much in benifits if at all are claimed on these "british Tax Havens" and who actually pays for them, the Local government or the UK government

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html

1.8% as opposed to the 7.9% for the UK; pretty sure they fund their own benefits system.

Maybe not taxing the f*** out of everything has its advantages.