House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Artists: Don't You Just Love 'em

Scottish painter Jack Vettriano's iconic picture, The Singing Butler, recently sold for £750k at Sotheby's, is today revealed to be "inspired" by a photograph in a design manual.

How Vettriano based Singing Butler on a design manual, Telegraph

vettriano-jack-the-singing-butler-2403886.jpg

Those who have seen the design manual picture might (unkindly :lol: ) suggest Vettriano blew the pickie up on a photocopier, put it behind the canvass, backlit the lot with a million candle watt spot and "traced" the whole thing. Presumably that is what is meant in art circles by "inspiration". I'm sure I could have been "inspired" to get that double first in nuclear physics if only I'd have been able to employ similar techniques :lol::lol::lol:

Indefensible. Period. watch the new owner spinning like crazy as they try desperately to prop up th eprice of their purchase.

[i never dreamed that it would be the best-selling [b]print [/b]in Britain," said Vettriano recently ( article from 2004)

Says it all really :angry: