House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Topher Bear

Will The Debt Deal Pass?

Watching News24 at the moment, and the Republicans are crowing that they have won this showdown.

Surely that will get the democrats backs up!?

Is this really a done deal.

Awaiting with bated breath....I think it's gonna be close!

Why are you so negative?

Because there could be a massive earthquake or tornado or terrorist attack ruining the vote.

Just covering my back, don't want to get sued for giving bad financial advice.

Of course, otherwise the sky will fall.

Until next year, then it will fall again.

And again, and again.

Until you realise that you cant afford a tin of beans, and in stopping the sky from falling, they've caused the sky to fall.

Watching News24 at the moment, and the Republicans are crowing that they have won this showdown.

Surely that will get the democrats backs up!?

Is this really a done deal.

Awaiting with bated breath....I think it's gonna be close!

Yes, almost certainly it will. With both the Republican and Democrat leaders in both houses behind it, at least half of each side will just do what they're told and vote it through. I expect the tea-party republicans and some to the left in the Democrats will vote against, but there aren't enough of them to block it.

Who f***king cares... it is about as relevant as a bunch of rugby players voting to order themselves another round of beers during last orders.

The hangover will follow but you know that it HAS to happen.

This farce has convinced me that paper money is going to continue to devalue until it is so worthless that current spending commitments can be afforded.

Of course, otherwise the sky will fall.

Until next year, then it will fall again.

And again, and again.

Until you realise that you cant afford a tin of beans, and in stopping the sky from falling, they've caused the sky to fall.

One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.
- Master Oogway quote in Kung Fu Panda. Am I showing my age? :unsure:

I was once told that Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling would not allow the economy to crash. My reply was that what they were doing would eventually cause the economy to crash. The economy is currently in intensive care and the prognosis is not looking good.

Now, this is odd. News ticker saying that the Senate is planning to Vote on Tuesday. I thought it had to go through by midnight tonight?

Are they planning on paying up anyway under the assumption that it will pass, and so forcing the senate to pass it or else set up a huge political crisis? (possibly bigger than this one)

Watch it live on cspan.org :rolleyes:

Nah it will be just like the tyson-bruno fight, wait up till 3 in the morn only to watch him get his ass handed to him smartish! Then the realisation it was always gonna happen!

Voting now, looks like the Yes may have it, but its looking very close!

Definately passed now.

Just the Senate to go....oh, please come to your senses and reject it!

Edited by Topher Bear

WASHINGTON — The House has passed legislation designed to keep the government from defaulting on its debts. The measure also sets a course for reducing the federal deficit in the future.

The Senate, where support is stronger, is expected to take up the bill on Tuesday, the deadline for Congress to act before the government loses its ability to pay all its bills.

The 269-161 vote in the House came after Republican leaders spent the day urging recalcitrant conservatives to support the bill.

Huffington Post

The think I don't get is, theres all this coverage about the US debt being so high, but if you look at the debt PER CAPITA then the UK is in 3X worse position than America.

OK so we arent quite as bad as Ireland, but you'd think the press would bother to at least mention it in passing.

Its because they are not actually worried about the size of the debt in the US, they were only ever worried about not being able to make it even bigger.

Its because they are not actually worried about the size of the debt in the US, they were only ever worried about not being able to make it even bigger.

What he said.

Ending in the default of the U.S. Dollar, as the leading global currency at some point in the future, replaced by a Global Monetary Authority, for all fiat currencies, so banks can create money, or debt, completely free of government intervention.

Rise of the Corporatist Fascists.

Edited by Milton