House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest eight

Are Car Insurers Obliged To Honour Quotes?

Guest eight

Simple question really. Are insurers obliged to honour a valid quotation, or not? I'm sure you can guess my reason for asking.

Probably not.

They are a law unto themselves.

What's happened?

If they say it's cos the quote is for a new customer then ask about their loyalty bonus. Half hour on phone got my OH a matched price and half an hour of banter. :)

everytine i have got insurance, and if the details dont change they say the quote in valid for 30 days, unless something changes on my side.

Guest eight

everytine i have got insurance, and if the details dont change they say the quote in valid for 30 days, unless something changes on my side.

Oh yeah, the quote - obtained via confused.com - says valid until Aug 11th. However the insurer - Swintons - who also happen to be our current insurer, reckon that they can't identify this quote, despite us being able to give them their own reference no. for it. Incidentally this quote is about half the automatic renewal figure that they sent us in the post.

This strikes me more as outright deceit than any kind of sharp practice.

Oh yeah, the quote - obtained via confused.com - says valid until Aug 11th. However the insurer - Swintons - who also happen to be our current insurer, reckon that they can't identify this quote, despite us being able to give them their own reference no. for it. Incidentally this quote is about half the automatic renewal figure that they sent us in the post.

This strikes me more as outright deceit than any kind of sharp practice.

If you redo the quote, does it come out with the same amount?

Guest eight

If you redo the quote, does it come out with the same amount?

Not if you redo it from scratch. But the original quote can still be retrieved and claims to be valid until 11/08/2011.