House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geezer466

Daily Express

Express Euro Membership Referendum E Petition Campaign

THE great British public has a chance to help force a key vote on Britain leaving the European Union.

We are calling on readers to grasp this unique opportunity to thrust the argument right to the heart of UK democracy - by signing up to this new online petition demanding a referendum on EU membership.

Once you have signed up via the box below we will add your signature to our exclusive “Britain wants a referendum to leave the EU” petition which is registered on the Government’s new directgov e-petitions website.

The Government has said it will consider any public campaign backed by 100,000 signatures for a debate in Parliament.

Joining our petition will force the country’s politicians to openly discuss an issue that is gathering momentum as Britain bails out failing Eurozone states and our laws are increasingly being adversely affected by EU human rights laws.

Got be worth a punt?

Many readers here are EU aware and exactly how much a waste of time, resources and money it really is, exemplified now by the constant bailouts of the PIIGS.

I remember when we joined the EU. I didn't see the reason for it at the time and I still don't. The most notable effect was almost immediate enormous rise in food prices, which was permanent. I think leaving would not be a bad idea.

Was going to post this last week along similar lines. We need to get over our Daily Express bile and join forces with them on this one. You can't let millions of extra people into the UK and not have it put an upward pressure on rents and downward pressure on wages.

Sign up to the Daily Express mailing list? No thanks, I'd rather sign the E petition direct.

The amount of spam most people get these days, its easy enough to hit the delete key.....

If it comes through the letterbox score out the address and return to sender.... B)

It is a Housepricecash forum.

Ireland has had public sector pay cuts and a nominal house price crash because they are in the Eurozone and so unable to devalue.

What is so good about having every £ you have earned become worth less?

It is a Housepricecash forum.

Ireland has had public sector pay cuts and a nominal house price crash because they are in the Eurozone and so unable to devalue.

What is so good about having every £ you have earned become worth less?

That's an interesting argument. Would we already have had the HPC if we had been inside the Euro (or maintained a strong currency)?