House Price Crash Forum
Bootsox

What Was The Ea Thinking?

EA a bit trigger happy with the camera I think. Probably a mentality of 'its not finished so let's take as many photos as possible so that propsective buyers get the idea of how the house will turn out'. Hope he/she goes back when the house is better taking shape.

For £385k that looks like a very underwhelming house. :(

Edited by MattW

For £385k that looks like a very underwhelming house. :(

Just shows what a fooked-up mess this country is in. Seriously, how much must the raw materials and labour have been to get that house to where it is now? I'm guessing (someone please correct me if I'm miles off) that at trade prices and bought in bulk (as there were multiple dwellings on the site) that £50k-£60k or so would cover the lot. Add another £40k of labour, and that gives you a "worth" of about £100k Sure, I appreciate the land (plot) would have cost significant money as well, but that's just more of the stupidity that passes for normality in this country.

So, in effect, we have manufactured object (like any other) that costs around £100k to produce, but is marketed at 4 times that price (whilst being both shoddy and half unfinished.) Crazy world, crazy place.

Nomadd

This house is a design classic. Dinky shoebox with double opening front doors, the cheapest PVC jobbies that they could find at the builder's merchant. It's pre-prepared for its future conversion to studio flats. Genius!

This house is a design classic. Dinky shoebox with double opening front doors, the cheapest PVC jobbies that they could find at the builder's merchant. It's pre-prepared for its future conversion to studio flats. Genius!

I was wondering about the double doors! I thought maybe housebuyers in Blackburn are somewhat on the large side? :lol:

At £385K I guess it'll be on the web for a while so there might be a new picture when the garden is finished. Maybe the Ea thought that with a property of this quality it seems wrong to deny someone the 'investment opportunity' by waiting until the house is, err, actually finished?

I was wondering about the double doors! I thought maybe housebuyers in Blackburn are somewhat on the large side? :lol:

At £385K I guess it'll be on the web for a while so there might be a new picture when the garden is finished. Maybe the Ea thought that with a property of this quality it seems wrong to deny someone the 'investment opportunity' by waiting until the house is, err, actually finished?

A foot of snow in the next picture will conceal the bricks...

A foot of snow in the next picture will conceal the bricks...

What's is the two front doors about? Awful design. Could understand it if it was for disabled access but it is clearly not. £385,000 and in Bury and you get a cheap looking UPVC front door which are so mostly very vulnerable to panel kick ins for quick entry by burglars. £385,000 and not even modern composite doors, or hardwood with all the security fittings.