House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milton

Earthlings: A Feature Length Documentary About Humanity's Absolute Dependence On Animals

We inhabit the earth with millions of other living creatures.

The Hardest Hitting Documentary on our Cruelty to animals.

cover-383611-Earthlings-movie2k-film.jpg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

[After watching what I could bear] Human Beings really are the evil scum of the Universe. Hopefully Mother Nature will administer some epidemic like the Spanish Flu and wipe most of us out.

These video's always over do it.

But it does boil down to the fact that our often systemic mistreatment of other animals is saddening.

These video's always over do it.

But it does boil down to the fact that our often systemic mistreatment of other animals is saddening.

When you say, 'over do it' libspero? Im assuming you mean you dont agree its as widespread as they suggest?

Have you watched it all? I could not do.

The actual footage is truly sickening stuff. I'm amazed it made it past a censor.

It is extremely difficult to view.

Its a shame they have not aired it on channel4 at prime time viewing.

mass cruelty for a cruel financial system.

it can't be changed until money is dealt with.

When you say, 'over do it' libspero? Im assuming you mean you dont agree its as widespread as they suggest?

Have you watched it all? I could not do.

I only mean they are usually designed to be as emotive as possible and completely one sided.

People have always killed animals for food. If you put together enough scenes of death and suffering it will always be possible to make a video such as the one you posted.

I would love to see society care more about where their turkey twizzlers came from, and I think the underlying message is good. I just feel they always go a bit overboard on emotive images and don't present the whole story.

As an example, they showed the video of the monkey having it's head jolted to simulate a car crash. That was pretty uncomfortable viewing. The implication is that all animal testing is like this and that we do it as a matter of unquestioning routine. Actually most animal testing is just checking for side effects from new drugs. The chances are there will be none. If there are, you have to decide whether it was better that it was tested on an animal or a human. The law requires that testing likely to cause pain is done with the subject heavily sedated. When you see the monkey looking dizzy, it is hard to know whether it is through concussion or because it is so doped up on tranquillizers and pain killers it's essentially unconscious.

I'm not saying that makes it justified, simply that they never attempt to provide all the facts.

We do have quite strict rules on animal testing:

Research requiring vivisection techniques that cannot be met through other means are often subject to an external ethics review in conception and implementation, and in many jurisdictions, use of anesthesia is legally mandated for any surgery likely to cause pain to any vertebrate. In the U.S., the Animal Welfare Act explicitly requires that any procedure that may cause pain utilize "tranquilizers, analgesics, and anesthetics", with exceptions when "scientifically necessary". The Act does not define "scientific necessity" or regulate specific scientific procedures; instead, approval or rejection of individual techniques in each federally-funded lab is determined on a case-by-case basis by an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, which contains at least one veterinarian, one scientist, one non-scientist, and one individual from outside the university.

In the U.K., any experiment involving vivisection must be granted a licence by the Secretary of State for Home Affairs. The Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 "expressly directs that, in determining whether to grant a licence for an experimental project, 'the Secretary of State shall weigh the likely adverse effects on the animals concerned against the benefit likely to accrue.'" The Code of Practice in Australia "requires that all experiments must be approved by an Animal Experimentation Ethics Committee" that includes a "person with an interest in animal welfare who is not employed by the institution conducting the experiment, and an additional independent person not involved in animal experimentation."

Anti-vivisectionists have played roles in the emergence of the animal welfare and animal rights movements. Among their arguments is that it is immoral to inflict pain or injury to another living creature, for whatever purpose

I only mean they are usually designed to be as emotive as possible and completely one sided.

People have always killed animals for food. If you put together enough scenes of death and suffering it will always be possible to make a video such as the one you posted.

I would love to see society care more about where their turkey twizzlers came from, and I think the underlying message is good. I just feel they always go a bit overboard on emotive images and don't present the whole story.

As an example, they showed the video of the monkey having it's head jolted to simulate a car crash. That was pretty uncomfortable viewing. The implication is that all animal testing is like this and that we do it as a matter of unquestioning routine. Actually most animal testing is just checking for side effects from new drugs. The chances are there will be none. If there are, you have to decide whether it was better that it was tested on an animal or a human. The law requires that testing likely to cause pain is done with the subject heavily sedated. When you see the monkey looking dizzy, it is hard to know whether it is through concussion or because it is so doped up on tranquillizers and pain killers it's essentially unconscious.

I'm not saying that makes it justified, simply that they never attempt to provide all the facts.

is that 'we' the UK?

meh.

test it on the bankers would be my preference, or politoc's and their ilk.

We inhabit the earth with millions of other living creatures.

The Hardest Hitting Documentary on our Cruelty to animals.

cover-383611-Earthlings-movie2k-film.jpg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

[After watching what I could bear] Human Beings really are the evil scum of the Universe. Hopefully Mother Nature will administer some epidemic like the Spanish Flu and wipe most of us out.

very moving , it should be shown in schools to educate kids as they are the ones to change the future

Some very shocking footage in that video. I've never seen that stuff before :ph34r:

It won't end though. It's amazing what people will tolerate as long they benefit from it somehow or don't see it directly.

Yes, I would rather they tested on humans. Testing on consenting, paid humans via microdosing is infinitely more effective.

And while we do have strict rules on animal testing, we also have strict rules in the financial sector and look how effective they've been.

Not only can I not condone breeding animals in small cages, to spend their lives in other small cages being force fed chemicals until death (or someone risks imprisonment by breaking them out) it's also a hugely ineffective form of science. Our physiology is vastly different to other animals,

http://www.safermedicines.org/