House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milton

Injustice Everywhere: The National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

The National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

A Website updated daily, with the latest Police Misconduct, Beatings, illegal shootings, robbery, and alleged murders.

The newsfeed is about 20-30 per day, and beware its horrific stuff.

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

Example:

False arrest and beating of Videographer

Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death

Does anyone carry a hidden video camera with them?

I dont think I'd go anywhere in the States without one.

The National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

A Website updated daily, with the latest Police Misconduct, Beatings, illegal shootings, robbery, and alleged murders.

The newsfeed is about 20-30 per day, and beware its horrific stuff.

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

Example:

False arrest and beating of Videographer

Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death

Does anyone carry a hidden video camera with them?

I dont think I'd go anywhere in the States without one.

Even the taxi drivers in Vegas warned us not to mess with the police (we were drunk on a stag night), because you be on the floor cuffed before any questions are asked. Not that the video is justified of course.

As someone who spends around 6-8 weeks of each year in the US, it has good parts and bad parts, responsible policemen and bad apples, just like any other developed country. I have only had two direct encounters with the American police, and on both occasions they were polite, helpful and respectful. The first time was when my rental car broke down about a mile from Burbank Airport (cambelt snapped). I was waiting by the side of a road in a residential street for the breakdown people to show up when a police car pulled up alongside. They asked me what the problem was and offered to wait with me until Hertz arrived, saying that 'the area's kind of OK, but you never know'. The second time was when my fiancee's house was burgled (or 'burglarized', as they say) in Fairbanks. They took rather a long time to turn up, and when they did they didn't do much more than offer comforting words ('It was just kids' etc.), but again we had no problems with them whatsoever (except that they failed to catch the scrote).

I'm sure that if you're staggering around drunk in Las Vegas on a Saturday night their bedside manner might be slightly different, but so it would be in Leeds or Manchester, too.