House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Apple Holding More Cash Than Usa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

A bit of a silly story but funny none-the-less. Reminds me a bit of the one about CDSs on McDonalds bonds costing less than ones on US treasuries at one point.

Ah yes but when you look behind the curtain it is both more serious and funnier. Apple's 'cash' is mainly marketable securities - a large portion of which are US treasuries and municiple bonds etc, the rest being corporate bonds - no doubt those are in other US companies whose balance sheets are stuffed ( and I use that word with all its connotations) with more US treasuries.

Welcome to the pyramid boys and girls

Apple's 'cash' is mainly marketable securities - a large portion of which are US treasuries and municiple bonds etc, the rest being corporate bonds - no doubt those are in other US companies whose balance sheets are stuffed ( and I use that word with all its connotations) with more US treasuries.

Welcome to the pyramid boys and girls

Over half of Apple's 'liquid' assets are held outside the US...

'Debunking the Myths of Apple's Liquid Assets' [March 2011]:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/258268-debunking-the-myths-of-apple-s-liquid-assets

As of the last quarter, $35.1B of the $59.7B cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities were held by foreign subsidiaries.

This story reminds me why I haven't purchased an i-Poop yet! ;):huh:

Edited by MrPin

wont be long before just about any one with £1 in their account will be richer than the US..

come to think of it...they already are

Expect Apple to "liberated" on the pretext of overthrowing tyrant dictatorship, it's assets frozen (ie nicked) and the accounts dept will morph into a central bank. All in the name of freedom of course...

Apple provide goods that people are happy to volunteer to pay for, not matter how overpriced and overhyped they are.

Governments, don't.