House Price Crash Forum
Catch22

Bbc1 Program On Binge Drinking

In that because the young workers with money are priced out of the housing market, they binge on booze.

Welcome to Blairs Britan, were baby boomers get income from HPI to save the government bank rolling them in their old age. And where Blairs buddies in the drinks industry get extended hours and the nations future are turned into drink dependent idiots.

I also watched Trevor Mc Doughnut last night, on drunken thuggery in the nations hospitals A & E.

It really piss'es me off hearing that w*nker Blair telling me how he is going to improve society, well the reality is 8 year on and every thing he and Grasping Gordon does is designed to line the pockets of the Banking and Booze Industry. And he uses young Britians blood and taxes to promote wars of aggression to line the pockets of the Oil Industry, and in the proccess making Britain a "Pariah State"

Come on then lets be having it from you Nu Labour sycophants :rolleyes:

This has been talked about on this forum before.. do any Tv people read or participate in this forum?

Edited by moosetea

In that because the young workers with money are priced out of the housing market, they binge on booze.

Welcome to Blairs Britan, were baby boomers get income from HPI to save the government bank rolling them in their old age. And where Blairs buddies in the drinks industry get extended hours and the nations future are turned into drink dependent idiots.

I also watched Trevor Mc Doughnut last night, on drunken thuggery in the nations hospitals A & E.

It really piss'es me off hearing that w*nker Blair telling me how he is going to improve society, well the reality is 8 year on and every thing he and Grasping Gordon does is designed to line the pockets of the Banking and Booze Industry. And he uses young Britians blood and taxes to promote wars of aggression to line the pockets of the Oil Industry, and in the proccess making Britain a "Pariah State"

Come on then lets be having it from you Nu Labour sycophants :rolleyes:

You can tell the nu labour sycophants by the permanent smug grins on their faces, especially the women,

I am not refrring to the working class morons who vote Labour simply because they dont know any better but the middle class Labourites who understand only too well which side their bread is buttered.

I said it long before Howard. The Labour bubble will burst when the housing bubble does.

You can tell the nu labour sycophants by the permanent smug grins on their faces, especially the women,

I am not refrring to the working class morons who vote Labour simply because they dont know any better but the middle class Labourites who understand only too well which side their bread is buttered.

I said it long before Howard. The Labour bubble will burst when the housing bubble does.

When was this program on binge drinking ?

Regarding that program on attacks on nurses its just one of countless appalling manifestations of abuse in this country. Like many other types of abuse it is sick that action is rarely taken when it is reported - it is usually just covered up. Other recent programs dealt with undercover appallingly bad behaviour in school classrooms and treatment of old people in hospitals etc etc

When was this program on binge drinking ?

Regarding that program on attacks on nurses its just one of countless appalling manifestations of abuse in this country. Like many other types of abuse it is sick that action is rarely taken when it is reported - it is usually just covered up. Other recent programs dealt with undercover appallingly bad behaviour in school classrooms and treatment of old people in hospitals etc etc

twats who walk about with big guns saying they are out to revenge abuse are usually the biggest abusers.

they are also the biggest hypocrites.

just look at the US abuse in Iraq which is allegedly all about preventing the abuse by Saddam Hussein.

never trust twats who carry big guns and say they are vigilantes. they are usually violent and sadistic thugs. like US abusers in Iraq,

is this on a bbc program. id be impressed if they made the link and dared to broadcast it.

have they turned ?

Sorry it just finished 5 mins ago, the researcher was a an American guy he made the link to the cost of buying a house. He said young Britains were pouring their pension wealth into the drinks industry coffers. Also on BBC1 breakfast program, there was discussion about mother and infant relationships at risk due to the pressure on mothers to go out to work because of the high cost of housing.

The cost of housing is being mentioned more and more in the media as an affliction placed on society instead of an asset. And considering G Brown used the bubble word at every opportunity last week, coupled with my belief we live in a "managed media " society. In that the media is managed to influence the publics perception, and thereby its concensus in support of government diktat, we are being setup for a fall in house prices.

Do you now why we have Boom and Busts, and more importantly why we will always have Boom and Busts ? Well the rich who really run this world of ours transfer wealth from us to them in Booms via lending finance to buy stocks and assets like housing. Then the Bust is set in place so they can do it all over again when prices revert to an oversold basis once more. They take us all for the mugs we are, and the beauty is they convince us it is not their lacked/corrupt lending that engineered the excess's in society in the first place but our own greed..........................you got to hand it to them its clever.

Edited by Catch22

twats who walk about with big guns saying they are out to revenge abuse are usually the biggest abusers.

they are also the biggest hypocrites.

just look at the US abuse in Iraq which is allegedly all about preventing the abuse by Saddam Hussein.

never trust twats who carry big guns and say they are vigilantes. they are usually violent and sadistic thugs. like US abusers in Iraq,

I am not sure if this is a swipe at my avator. It is not to be taken literally but if you were swiping my avator i will be be deleting it as i dont want to give the wrong impression.

Why especially the women?!! What has that got to do with anything?!! Might I suggest that, just as when people do their backwoodsman the-end-is-nigh-and-the-black-helicopters-are-a'comin' bit on here it makes the site less credible, it also risks not being taken seriously when random hostility is pinged off about women. It makes you look like a bunch of cranky bitter blokes. Honestly. And I tell lots and lots of people about this site, as, probably, do a lot of other women who read the site. I only mention this because the thread yesterday about women became really vicious towards the end and it would be a pity if that spilled over onto other threads.

Hate nulabor, incidentally, hate them, I really hate them. My hatred, though, is not gender-specific. Or race-specific. Of course, because I'm not bonkers. :)

And I hate the Guardian, with its adverts for 10 grand sofas for awful nulaborites to put in their million-quid boho townhouses when it should be reporting the lack of affordable housing and how poor people's aspiration to own, well, they may as well not bother having any. Just to pick up on another thread from yesterday. The BBC is not that much better, although it's not as shameless as ITV.

I don't think the housing market is to blame for people drinking too much, though, that's a step too far. Nobody makes them. They might be driven by a broader sense of emptiness and existential angst that knaws at the edges of their minds day in, day out, but we all have one of those at some time or another and it's up to us how we deal with it, isn't it? Why don't you lot with your tory sensibilities insist that these people take responsiblity, too? You'd have no truck with it being said that poor alcoholics drink because they're poor. What's the difference with these people?!

we live in a "managed media " society. In that the media is managed to influence the publics perception, and thereby its concensus in support of government diktat, we are being setup for a fall in house prices.

Do you now why we have Boom and Busts, and more importantly why we will always have Boom and Busts ? Well the rich who really run this world of ours transfer wealth from us to them in Booms via lending finance to buy stocks and assets like housing. Then the Bust is set in place so they can do it all over again when prices revert to an oversold basis once more. They take us all for the mugs we are, and the beauty is they convince us it is not their lacked/corrupt lending that engineered the excess's in society in the first place but our own greed..........................you got to hand it to them its clever.

buy into a flat market. encourage others. cause a shortage. ramp the price. sell.

buy into a flat market. encourage others. cause a shortage. ramp the price. sell.

buy a bently.

partly true. these people will make their bit, but whats really needed is to encourage others.

greed usually does the trick played on tv programs.

I don't condone antisocial behaviour.

I do think though, that the more Governments attempt to dictate how we shall behave and live our lives, we seek ways to "rebel".

I do and I'm not young.

I don't condone antisocial behaviour.

I do think though, that the more Governments attempt to dictate how we shall behave and live our lives, we seek ways to "rebel".

I do and I'm not young.

It boils down to the need for mutual respect between people - respecting someone else's differing opinion and not forcing an idea down somone's throat by bullying. This is the basis of "emotional intelligence". Personally I think that makes organised religions irrelevant and they can be divisive and make people self-righteous - Blair and Bush are both practicising Christians !

Time for a song.

Goldie lookin Chain:

I seen you last night, you were drinkin' in the pub,

You were drinkin' with that bird you tried to chat up in the nightclub,

Can't say her name but she's got a gammy eye,

And I'm feeling near her violence when I have to walk on by,

You can't deny it, it's something you can't miss,

That bird thats hangin' out with you is mad like cats piss,

Like bread and jam or a knife drawn with butter,

Face it son, your missus is a nutter!

Chorus-

Oh son, your missus is a nutter!

Leave her at home! Your missus is a nutter!

I never seen a woman make a fukcin' skinhead cry,

And I never seen a woman tryin' to snap an arm with a thigh,

Now I have and its just across the pub,

And the worst thing is,

she's taking you out for a rub,

You don’t deserve it, you know it’s a fact,

But mix her up with booze you gotta suicide pact,

2 tequilas and 4 vodka mules,

She's a wrecking ball and her fists are the tools.

Binge drinking, binge drinking tried keeping up with your missus,

What was I thinking?

She looks like Caprice,

But it’s a shock to see her wrestling 2 police,

With one in a headlock!

Fighting with bouncers and flashing her bits,

After too flamin’ sambucas she dont care who she hits,

Waking up on Sunday morning with bruises and cuts,

Face it son, your missus is nuts!

Chorus

Your missus was looking at my missus,

So my missus, sparked out your missus,

Your missus was looking at my missus,

So my missus, sparked out your missus,

It was last week, what really got me thinking,

About how your missus goes nuts when we go drinking,

Last week, she ended up on a binge, she got off her tits,

And showed the bouncers her minge,

And it’s the threat of grievous bodily harm,

She needs to keep calm,

And use her charm,

I used to think it was funny,

It made me laugh,

When she threw the ash trays at the bar staff.

Stabbed a man with a comb, just to get a drink,

Theres no logic, just stand there

Drink, fight, drink, fight, drink

She grabs your throat, and stares into your eyes,

Have you ever seen a woman kill a man with her thighs?

Oh son, your missus is trouble,

Everytime you have a drink she has a double,

Is she on pukkas?

I think shes tripping?

Stop lookin' at me love it's water what I'm sippin'.

Break-

“I seen her get on a mountain bike, and drove into timbland (?) and did ‘em all in…. wikkid”

Repeat chorus X 3

(over third chorus)

(pussy whip, pussy whip….)

“shes nuts man, shes off ‘er

Ok its a joke, but the joke wouldn't work if there wasn't some truth in it.

It boils down to the need for mutual respect between people - respecting someone else's differing opinion and not forcing an idea down somone's throat by bullying. This is the basis of "emotional intelligence". Personally I think that makes organised religions irrelevant and they can be divisive and make people self-righteous - Blair and Bush are both practicising Christians !

Claim to be.

Something about camels, rich men and the eye of a needle comes to mind.

Binge drinking is a result of the choices of young people whatever their politics. Yes you can blame a government for not dealing with it, or adopting policies that exacerbates the problem. What democratic society tell people how to spend their money.

This life style is encompassed by all classes, the moronic working class as you call them and the middle classes who don’t know which side their bread is buttered. Which side should that be?. If your so good a pre-empting Howard and his no hopers perhaps you could advise him on how to win the next election

Claim to be.

Yes when i said practising I meant that they do all the ritual stuff like going to church and praying.

Edited by penbat1

Might I suggest that, just as when people do their backwoodsman the-end-is-nigh-and-the-black-helicopters-are-a'comin' bit on here it makes the site less credible.

typical nutters in the wood work respone, from somebody who cannot comprehend they are indeed managed via the media

Why don't you lot with your tory sensibilities insist that these people take responsiblity

Ah a classic response from someone who consiously or subconconsiously alignes themselevs with a given political idealism. They can only think in the context that anybody openly questioning where our society is heading, is an activist or is aligned to the party that challenges their prefered party of governance. Well as far as I'm concerned both main political parties are bought and paid for much like the Republican and Democratic parties are in the USA.

Just ask yourself one thing why is it three of the worlds biggest producers and exporters of armaments the USA, the UK and Israel are always proclaiming they are fighting terrorism when in reality they export State terrorism. They spend billions fine tuning technology with the express purpose of killing human beings on an industrial scale. Yet the "Islamist's" they tell us are bent on taking over the world have sweet FA...... well call me stupid but how is this evil intent going to happen without a massive armaments industry.

Like umamerican says, its the twats with the big guns that by and large do most of the killing. We sit silent while thousands of innocents are killed by high tech weaponry in our name. Yet cry out in horror when retaliation is wreaked on us by suicide bombers using fertiliser nail bombs.

No I'm not Anti American, Anti Israeli, or Anti British, hell I'm white born and bred British. I'm anti the system that kills in the name of American,Israeli and British citizens. I'm anti the system that corrupts the human values within our society's.

All three governments have engineered society's built on fear, engineered society's

built on disrespect for others, and as a concequence society's where violence towards the old and weak is common place. And they profess the only way to guarded us from a world they have created is to take away the civil liberties of the individual.

Imprisonment without trial.

Wars that fly in the face of International Law

Police executions on the subway.

82 year old refugee who escaped the Nazis is set upon by Nu Labour thugs because he shouted out "nonsense" when a lame excuse for a Minister tried to condone an illegal war of aggression.

A country where its citizens are bombed on the way to work.

The future of our country priced out of owing a home of their own

The future mothers of the nations children lay face down in their own vomit

And since we "freed" Afghanistan our allies in arms there have upped Heroin production by 300%.

thus bring down the cost of drug abuse on our own streets.

Welcome to Blairs Britian..

And don't get me started on religion ...As far as I'm concerned religious zealots be they Islamist, Christian or Jew are the biggest threat to humanity in the world today. Especially when they have nuclear weapons on a grand scale with which to do Gods work.

thats it rant over, kick it or me to bits if you want, I wont be replying .....for the good of the site you understand as its gone abit off topic :rolleyes:

Edited by Catch22

Blairs buddies in the drinks industry get extended hours and the nations future are turned into drink dependent idiots.

It really piss'es me off hearing that w*nker Blair telling me how he is going to improve society, well the reality is 8 year on and every thing he and Grasping Gordon does is designed to line the pockets of the Banking and Booze Industry.

Not sure about the relevance of Goldie Lookin Chain lyrics. May I suggest these, granted older, lyrics:

Went off to school and learned to serve the state

Followed the rules and drank his vodka straight

The only way to live was drown the hate

A Russian life was very sad

And such was life in Leningrad

(Billy Joel, Lenningrad)

Oh, sorry, did I slip into that clearly dillusional fantasy of supposing:

Increased public sector workers

Errosion of Civil Liberties

Increased militarism

Concentration of power in one figure in central government

Manipulation of the media

implies we are slipping towards a Stalinist style state? Silly me. ;)

Edited by Sledgehead

Guest X-QUORK

Catch 22

I think you need to calm down a bit mate! Talk about going "off-topic"...jeez! :blink:

Claim to be.

Actually.. the orriginal script of that proverb has been looked at again....

The orriginal word for camels could also have been used for rope..

Niether would pass through the eye of a needle..

One seems more logical a choice for the proverb..

And if the government is willing to sacrifice the future of the young to line their generations pockets with money they are too bone idle to work for.. Someones behaviour needs to be looked at..

and if the police are willing to let countless billions to be obtained from lenders using fraud in the income non verified mortgage scandal.. whilst the ramping house prices makes them richer.. and they refuse to investigate it.

Well I can't wait untill some brave soul uses the deffence in court that the officer in question had been complicit to a fraud that he had profited from.. and as a criminal has no authority as an officer of the law..

Take away the youngs future..

see what you get..

Tax payers paid for Tony and Gordon to go to Uni..

Now along with house prices.. and uni fees. a young person needs to find about £100,000 more then they did prior to Labour..

Actually.. the orriginal script of that proverb has been looked at again....

Now along with house prices.. and uni fees. a young person needs to find about £100,000 more then they did prior to Labour..

If this were true house prices would soon fall, as clearly no one would be able to pay current prices.

Catch 22

Talk about going "off-topic"...jeez! :blink:

tell me something I did not already attest to myself at the end of the rant :rolleyes:

Edited by Catch22

In Britain its drink in Japan they just kill themselves

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Japan/FG28Dh01.html

Every day nearly 100 people take their own lives, at a rate of almost one every 15 minutes. And the long economic slump is a factor.

Suspect there's a nasty popup on that site so be wary

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/4071805.stm

A much safer site - unless you listen to the spin :)