House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RichB

Careful What You Say Out There All.

12 years is pretty severe, plus 5 on licence.

No doubt he's a nasty piece of work, but I fail to see what harm he actually did. I suppose the recent Norway experience is relevant, but it's not easy, especially when one of the charges is for gathering information.

Well soliciting murder is no less a crime if done online. This guy wasn't a troll. He was a dangerous lunatic.

Well soliciting murder is no less a crime if done online. This guy wasn't a troll. He was a dangerous lunatic.

+1

if i paid someone to rub out the wifey but he spent the money in the boozer and didnt do the job then no harm done so all is ok?

this guy deserves the time and I hope there is more of a crackdown on this. My only issue is that they get to spend their leisure at one of hm's hotels rather than being punted out to a thai or turkish prison for a small fee :D

+1

if i paid someone to rub out the wifey but he spent the money in the boozer and didnt do the job then no harm done so all is ok?

this guy deserves the time and I hope there is more of a crackdown on this. My only issue is that they get to spend their leisure at one of hm's hotels rather than being punted out to a thai or turkish prison for a small fee :D

Quite, I mostly agree. But there doesn't seem to have been a specific plot (unlike in the case of your unfortunate wife, may she rest in peace!) and no harm was done, so the punishment seems excessive to me.

Come again please? :unsure:

Regarding the rest of your post, you know as well as any, on this website, that religious indoctrination runs deep.

I've (on many a time), stated my distaste for Guardian readers, but would I seriously 'run them through' (currently), er no.

I suspect there is more to this than some ideal trolling, hence, I contest, it wasn't ideal trolling at all!

I'm sure Mrs 79 is alive and well, but wondering why her husband prefers 7 instead of 6.

The news report doesn't really tell us much. He urged killing of MPs involved in the Iraq decision, published addresses, linked to a site for buying knives, gathered information that might be of use to terrorists. Doesn't even tell us how many hits the website had.

If that's it, I'm not impressed. I imagine many people post this kind of stuff to a less organised degree to vent their rage against central bankers.

I'm sure Mrs 79 is alive and well, but wondering why her husband prefers 7 instead of 6.

The news report doesn't really tell us much. He urged killing of MPs involved in the Iraq decision, published addresses, linked to a site for buying knives, gathered information that might be of use to terrorists. Doesn't even tell us how many hits the website had.

If that's it, I'm not impressed. I imagine many people post this kind of stuff to a less organised degree to vent their rage against central bankers.

Yep. On this very site nonetheless. Probably at least a thousand times. Relating to MP's and bankers and who knows how many other people.

Not that I agree with what this bloke says. However the sentence is insane. IMO.

Exactly, as always this comes down to intent.

Quite a few on this forum will saying things like "all MPs needs hanging or flogging" or "hasn't someone arrested and executed the banksters yet", but the point is that these are throw away comments registering disdaine, and are not the same as actively going out online to find some actual nutters to tool themsleves up with bombs, guns and ammo with the intent of then killing people.

In the latter case, even if no one got killed, there would still be a charge of conspiracy available - which is simply more than one person with intent agreeing to commit a crime. Even if the agreed crime isn't committed, it is still a crime to conspire to do so, which you have to say is fair enough as otherwise we'd have to let most terrorists off just because the police foiled their plots, unless they could be charged with procuring illegal weapons with intent, which is kind of the next step along from conspiracy.

Come again please? :unsure:

Regarding the rest of your post, you know as well as any, on this website, that religious indoctrination runs deep.

I've (on many a time), stated my distaste for Guardian readers, but would I seriously 'run them through' (currently), er no.

I suspect there is more to this than some ideal trolling, hence, I contest, it wasn't ideal trolling at all!

Yes that's absolutely right.I don't approve of the government but if I knew of a plot to kill a government minister I would inform the authorities.Anyone who woud not deserves to get banged up.OK possible exception for Pickles on environmental grounds.(Joke)

+1

Lets also not ignore that he admits doing it. Open and shut case.

+1

Lets also not ignore that he admits doing it. Open and shut case.

I assume that the nobel commitee are sending him his prize for possible/potential chemistry as I type.....