House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
evictee

Houseprices

Thanks, useful.

Great for flats/bottom market in KT16 which, for the ones that have sold are 2005 prices or a 1 or 2% below that. So drops and averaging 5% off advertised asking prices.

Edit: In fact KT15 and KT16 alarmingly good drops, we're going 2001 prices in some cases (this is Surrey inside the M25).

Edited by Starla

Holy crap, it is only when I look at other area I see how much cheaper my area is.

Take a look at CT17 it is about 50% cheaper and NOTHING is selling. :)

Holy sh*t, it's only when I click on links like yours I realise how much more expensive my area is.

I've just morphed from a London lowlife renter to an affluent cash buyer.

I've got my casio calculator out for KT15/16 (Surrey) and TW1 and TW2 (Twickenham area) and flats are dropping/stagnating/not selling, but the next step up, i.e. houses are making some modest increases. So FTB's aren't buying and those few actually managing to sell their flats are making losses and therefore are even less able to move up to the houses. Something is going to go very wrong (I mean right) soon I hope.

Holy sh*t, it's only when I click on links like yours I realise how much more expensive my area is.

I've just morphed from a London lowlife renter to an affluent cash buyer.

I've got my casio calculator out for KT15/16 (Surrey) and TW1 and TW2 (Twickenham area) and flats are dropping/stagnating/not selling, but the next step up, i.e. houses are making some modest increases. So FTB's aren't buying and those few actually managing to sell their flats are making losses and therefore are even less able to move up to the houses. Something is going to go very wrong (I mean right) soon I hope.

Move to CT17 mate. Cheap and chips and getting cheaper. Lovely countryside too and much more community than being stuck in some anonymous London borough.

That said not sure its 50% off yet. Think that suggestion was compared with a little peak in March 2010. But that was a statistical anomaly - it was a month where very few houses sold - and I know that included the one we bought that month which was about 5 times the average and probably the most expensive house ever sold in the area.

That said I'm sure like everywhere its still getting cheaper. Probably more so now Pfizer is closing.

Cant be long before people realise that with a bit of imagination they can swap a 2 bed flat in a grotty part of London for a big detached house in a nice part of a smaller market town.

We know it. Only thing that keeps your average Londoner sane.

Keep it quiet, otherwise we'll be descending on your beautiful countryside with our twigs and bejou accessories - sending your house prices through the roof and leaving CT17 more p*ssed off than a Brighton FTB.

Land Registry for KT16

Jan-Jun 2010 - 179 properties sold

Jan-Jun 2011 - 92 properties sold

48% drop.

We know it. Only thing that keeps your average Londoner sane.

Keep it quiet, otherwise we'll be descending on your beautiful countryside with our twigs and bejou accessories - sending your house prices through the roof and leaving CT17 more p*ssed off than a Brighton FTB.

Land Registry for KT16

Jan-Jun 2010 - 179 properties sold

Jan-Jun 2011 - 92 properties sold

48% drop.

Land Reg sales data for June 2011 is incomplete I'm afraid. Expect significant numbers to be added to that figure in the next release.

m40 so far has 6 listed. I know more will be added ...

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=m40

All under 76k though.

ol9 has 8 - terraces getting cheaper !

1 17/06/2011 £210,000 Det. L

2 17/06/2011 £159,950 Semi L

3 10/06/2011 £119,000 Semi L

4 06/06/2011 £148,000 Semi F

5 03/06/2011 £50,000 Ter. L

6 03/06/2011 £50,000 Ter. L

7 01/06/2011 £102,500 Semi F

8 01/06/2011 £88,400 Ter. F