House Price Crash Forum
Bear Monger

Us Economy: Gdp Growth Much Weaker Than Thought

BBC News

Blimey! 1.9% revised down to 0.4% is a hell of a fudge and would give our lot a run for their money. Is there anything suspicious about the timing here though? Obama reveals a weak economy and the only way to cure it is with more debt so he can give even more money to his banker buddies.

BBC News

Blimey! 1.9% revised down to 0.4% is a hell of a fudge and would give our lot a run for their money. Is there anything suspicious about the timing here though? Obama reveals a weak economy and the only way to cure it is with more debt so he can give even more money to his banker buddies.

Time for some BIG cuts.

The hand over of world leadership is under way.

Ctrl+Alt+Del moment arriving.

Much like the inter war years...Britain too weak to carry on as the world superpower, USA not ready to take over.

Lets hope the US to China handover goes smoothly and there is not another Herr Hiltler waiting in the wings.

A future Blade Runner style dystopia where corporations run everything is not long away now.

It's already here - believe me, I know ;)

Which currency will fair better though? $,£ or €

I know where my money is. ;)

Dont laugh...I'm being serious here.

Could the money that comes out of the $ benifit the £???

If it goes into CHF, only the Swiss will be on their ski slopes this winter.

Dont laugh...I'm being serious here.

Could the money that comes out of the $ benifit the £???

If it goes into CHF, only the Swiss will be on their ski slopes this winter.

if it keeps going into chf, there will be plenty of Swiss out of work

Regarding the original question it depends on the timeframe but out of the 3 currencies mentioned on a 2 year timescale id take the $ and £ (in fact id take them over any currency on earth paper or metallic)

Edited by Mary Cassatt

Regarding the original question it depends on the timeframe but out of the 3 currencies mentioned on a 2 year timescale id take the $ and £ (in fact id take them over any currency on earth paper or metallic)

Interesting. You prefer the £ to Yellow stuff???

It is a perverse sign of the times that the only economy that is run "properly" in the west will suffer due to the complete fecklessness of the others.

However I think the Swiss are owed a slap by the rest of the world at some point. In some ways, they act like a criminal country...certainly in the past.

Interesting. You prefer the £ to Yellow stuff???

It is a perverse sign of the times that the only economy that is run "properly" in the west will suffer due to the complete fecklessness of the others.

However I think the Swiss are owed a slap by the rest of the world at some point. In some ways, they act like a criminal country...certainly in the past.

every country acts in its own interests (or at least thats the theory unless theres no democracy, in which case it acts on behalf of those who pay for the so called democracy), its a bit rich a brit calling the swiss criminal.

at this particular point in time id rather hold NHS vouchers than loads of gold, i know thats somewhat a minority view, but thats probably why im attracted to that side although to be fair to the goldbugs that view has so far been wrong for 6 months at least in $ and £ terms

Edited by Mary Cassatt

I think it will benefit the £ but whether we will see the £ as the new reserve currency I'm not so sure yet becuase I think the UK Govt (Whitehall) understands the pressure on being a reserve currency, after all this is whats not helping the US right now.

The US have stated they also back a new reserve currency http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/5050407/US-backing-for-world-currency-stuns-markets.html

Cameron also stated when in India its all about collaboration now, the old empire days are over so if the £ does become the new reserve currency it will possibly be a reluctant reserve currency.

We also shouldnt forget that actual total Govt spending isnt really dropping, what we are seeing is a reallocation of funding throughout society, so less beneficial areas will see reductions whilst more money will go into more beneficial areas which is all we are seeing and hearing from those moaning and threatening strikes or have striked.

£ reserve currency :lol::lol::lol:

00389.jpg

Jesus its not even the evening in the UK, Just say no for gods sake

So counter my point of view with something credible or substantial. :D

i have no idea what will the reserve currency will be by the time the global economy has rebalanced but id be confident saying Dolph Lundgrens acting is more credible than sterling becoming a reserve currency

Edited by Mary Cassatt

Can't they simply rename themselves Germany like everyone else?

I think it will benefit the £ but whether we will see the £ as the new reserve currency I'm not so sure yet becuase I think the UK Govt (Whitehall) understands the pressure on being a reserve currency, after all this is whats not helping the US right now.

I would understand the £ being in a basket of currencies but not the reserve currency. Sterling lacks credibility thanks to the Bank of England; they are no better than the Fed. By some measures Britain is only just a bit more solvent than Ireland. I expect the $ to remain the reserve currency for the next decade.

I've heard people speculating that Australia will be the reserve currency. This is all fine and dandy whilst China is still growing but no so good when that boom turns to bust.

There's loads of fun still to come. I'm waiting for China's housing market to implode and then for Australian demand to be shut off. Europe is propping up its crippled members, which the Germans love doing.

The USA still has the ability to convert its mass coal reserves (biggest in the world) into coke and oil. It has the potential to destroy oil demand.

China is great at mass production and building empty cities but the Yanks can conjure up a company like Apple. All the Chinese can do is steal the ideas and build fake Apple stores. The US isn't dead just yet.

Edited by Xurbia