House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scrappycocco

Nok Savings Account With Hsbc

Anyone in the know about currencies, can you tell me would it worth putting my savings into a NOK saving account earning no interest? I'm fed up with losing money on shares, gold seems to rise and fall with the tides; I just want something I can forget about in the know that it's safe like the good old days.

Moneyweek says that inflation is calming which would allow interest rates to be held down a lot longer:

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-advice/share-tips/wherever-you-are-investing-stick-with-defensive-stocks-13101

Anyone in the know about currencies, can you tell me would it worth putting my savings into a NOK saving account earning no interest? I'm fed up with losing money on shares, gold seems to rise and fall with the tides; I just want something I can forget about in the know that it's safe like the good old days.

Moneyweek says that inflation is calming which would allow interest rates to be held down a lot longer:

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-advice/share-tips/wherever-you-are-investing-stick-with-defensive-stocks-13101

One does not have to be in the know about currencies to know that NOK is one of the most stable currencies on earth. If you are fed up with stocks and the fluctuations of the metals markets, NOK could very well be for you.

You should not ask advice from those in the know about currencies because they will probably try to persuade you to play the forex markets. Forex is something for you to stay away from unless you like your money on a roller coaster.

What is most important for you is to get a good night's sleep. If putting your money into a non interest bearing NOK account will accomplish that, you have your answer. Just remember that in the investing world, nothing is guaranteed. NOK could fall against other currencies just as easily as it has risen. I don't think it will, but who am I to say. Besides, what would one get in interest in a dollar or sterling account, maybe one half of one percent?

Edited by james7