House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Zoopla Launches House Price Heatmaps

The heatmaps can be viewed at varying zoom levels down to individual postcodes.

Zoopla has also added a variety of other local property information such as the number of properties on the market and average asking prices, the average size of properties in an area and the average price per square foot and more, providing tools for potential house hunters.

Alex Chesterman, founder and chief executive officer at Zoopla, said: “The addition of heatmaps to our site allows users to easily visualise the relative property values in any area of the country.

“Together with the unique market data we are now making available, this is all part of our mission to empower users with the information they need to make the right property decisions and to become the most useful property resource in the UK.”

Looks like fun.

Edit: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/heatmaps/

It's pretty crap to be honest...

Edited by Pent Up

Care to share how much you paid?

And a link to the house?

Not giving my address away, but £750k ish was the price in 2009. Which was strangely similar to the 2004 price when it was new.

It is a large house, 3500 square feet, but the garden is small for the size of the house, though not small by typical standards.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

I quite like this heatmap thing, does anybody have any ideas for how to remove the balloons containing the prices?

The heat shows the most expensive places getting more expensive. Thus the rich are getting richer.

Virginia Water was the most expensive spot I could see.

should have a competition ...like spot the ball .....but spot your local hydroponic house

M4-300x237.jpg_44730017_house_thermogram466.jpg

But that appears to be a standard soil grow ..... the house looks like a Barrat :D

I bow to your experience ......oh .. obi wan ...

although it may be too big for a barrett ..as the windows are wider than the door !

"The Zoopla Estimate is our assessment of the market value of a home on any given day, calculated using a proprietary algorithm (secret formula) that continuously analyses millions of data points relating to property sales and home characteristics throughout the UK."

I may be wrong but I bet that includes something along the lines of number of recent sales (i.e. likelihood of them getting a commission) theres a few areas on the map with high prices that arent Red e.g. Bath I'm guessing thats because while the prices are high they arent actually selling very often.

But that appears to be a standard soil grow ..... the house looks like a Barrat :D

If they switched to LED grow lights they would be safe. No heat signature or power usage signature.

The heat shows the most expensive places getting more expensive. Thus the rich are getting richer.

Virginia Water was the most expensive spot I could see.

The rich only get richer if the rich or rich in debt buy from them.....redder does not mean better. ;)

Edit: moved from red to green and greener I have found out is much nicer.

Edited by winkie

I think Zoopla estimates are strongly weighted towards current asking prices of houses on the market.

Aug 2010 house on the street for sale at £235k previous sale £195k Dec 2009, Zoopla estimate for the house for sale £229k

Dec 2010 house taken off market Zoopla estimate drops to £199k

May 2011 house goes back on market at £225k, no more sales since Dec 2009, Zoopla estimate increases to £221k