House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LC1

Add Your Favourite Political Quotes...

I've just discovered a collection of political quotes that seem to me to be very revealing of the attitudes and mindset of some of the world's most powerful people....

I'll reproduce some of the best here, and hopefully you will add your own favourites! B)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

“For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” – David Rockefeller, Memoirs , 2002

“Every time we do something, you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel . We, the Jewish people, control America , and the Americans know it.” – Ariel Sharon , October 3, 2001

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the NY Times, Time Magazine, and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings, and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a World Government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and World Bankers is surely preferable to the national auto – determination practiced in past centuries.” – David Rockefeller, June 1991

“We shall have World Government. Whether or not we like it. The only Question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent.” – James Paul Warburg, Feb. 17, 1950 speaking before the U.S. Senate.

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know that a financial element in the large centers has OWNED the Government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt 11/21/1933

“The real menace of our Republic is the invisible Government which like a giant Octopus, sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states, and nation.” – John F. Hylan – Mayor NYC 1918-1925

“The real rulers of Washington are Invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes.” - Justice Felix Frankfurter – US Supreme Court Justice

“I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” – Woodrow Wilson (reflecting on his signing of the 1913 Federal Reserve Act)

“The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.” – Edgar J Hoover

“We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” – David Rockefeller

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of today." - Theodore Roosevelt, 19 April 1906

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom, 1913

“The world is governed by very different personsages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes.” - Benjamin Disraeli, Britsh Prime Minister, 1844

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies...if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency...the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” - Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826

“If you want to remain slaves of the bankers and pay for the costs of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and control the nations credit.” - Sir Josiah Stamp 1880-1941

“The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.” - Dr. Henry Kissinger New York Times, Oct. 28, 1973.

Having seen Winston Churchill leave a Men's Room in Parliament without washing his hands a fellow MP remarked:

"At Eton they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet."

To which Churchill replied:

"At Harrow they taught us not to piss on our hands."

Winston S Churchill, British Prime Minister, 1940, during the Allied retreat across France when he was told of the Free Poles disobeying British orders and counter-attacking:

"Those damned Poles! I haven't got enough of them!"

Having seen Winston Churchill leave a Men's Room in Parliament without washing his hands a fellow MP remarked:

"At Eton they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet."

To which Churchill replied:

"At Harrow they taught us not to piss on our hands."

:D

Another Churchill gem:

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

I've just discovered a collection of political quotes that seem to me to be very revealing of the attitudes and mindset of some of the world's most powerful people....

I'll reproduce some of the best here, and hopefully you will add your own favourites! B)

Nothing wrong with a world government.. if it is representative, transparent, accountable and there are clear separations of powers.

The alternative seems to be a world that spends enough on weapons to completely solve mankind's energy, environmental, housing, food, water and basic healthcare problems. Even though the full scale use of such weapons would have about the same effect as a hand granade fight in a lift. Which would be crazy, clearly.

Nothing wrong with a world government.. if it is representative, transparent, accountable and there are clear separations of powers.

The alternative seems to be a world that spends enough on weapons to completely solve mankind's energy, environmental, housing, food, water and basic healthcare problems. Even though the full scale use of such weapons would have about the same effect as a hand granade fight in a lift. Which would be crazy, clearly.

That's an interesting point of view.

But surely it's a very big IF.

What are the recent historical precedents for this representative, accountable, transparent form of government?

And how do you think such a global government would establish this state of world peace and harmony of which you speak?

“Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries” - Dr. Henry Kissinger

Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside? :blink:

“Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing.” - David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

Feel the love people!

I personally can't wait for the NWO eugenics programme...as I've always maintained, Hitler's genius just wasn't recognised in his own lifetime :ph34r:

“[T]he powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations.”

Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

H. L. Mencken

“The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control…. Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent.” - Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviet Union

"Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries" - Dr. Henry Kissinger

Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside? :blink:

China has already bought up/got leases on huge exploitable mineral deposits in Africa from corrupt Govts also millions? of acres of African farmland.

They also discriminate against the African population - same old etc

"Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing." - David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

Feel the love people!

I personally can't wait for the NWO eugenics programme...as I've always maintained, Hitler's genius just wasn't recognised in his own lifetime :ph34r:

Hilarious

All the faux Jew families at the top of the tree - most are Ashkenazi totally infested with genetic malfunctions. That's why all the research goes on in Switzerland etc (where World genetic database is held)

The nazi doctor 'experiments' were a cover to try to find a way to cure the genetic faults in those faux Ashkenazi Jews who funded both sides in WW2

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill : "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea,"

Winston Churchill to Lady Astor : " Just **** off "

“Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries” - Dr. Henry Kissinger

Wow :lol:

“Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license” - David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

Well I actually agree with this on many levels. You need a license to do so many things, and yet not to create & care for children. It doesn't make sense. Selective breeding is more controversial, but for the protection of children why not?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Down the memory hole....

"At one time in the U.S. in the mid-nineteenth century, a hundred and fifty years ago, working for wage labor was considered not very different from chattel slavery. That was not an unusual position. That was the slogan of the Republican Party, the banner under which Northern workers went to fight in the Civil War. We’re against chattel slavery and wage slavery. Free people do not rent themselves to others. Maybe you’re forced to do it temporarily, but that’s only on the way to becoming a free person, a free man, to put it in the rhetoric of the day. You become a free man when you’re not compelled to take orders from others. That’s an Enlightenment ideal. Incidentally, this was not coming from European radicalism. There were workers in Lowell, Mass., a couple of miles from where we are. You could even read editorials in the New York Times saying this around that time. It took a long time to drive into people’s heads the idea that it is legitimate to rent yourself. Now that’s unfortunately pretty much accepted. So that’s internalizing oppression. Anyone who thinks it’s legitimate to be a wage laborer is internalizing oppression in a way which would have seemed intolerable to people in the mills, let’s say, a hundred and fifty years ago. … It’s an [unfortunate] achievement [of indoctrination in our culture].”

Noam Chomsky

“I am for everything that will make work happier but against everything that will further subordinate its importance. Nothing breeds radicalism more than unhappiness unless it is leisure.”

John E. Edgerton, president of the National Association of Manufacturers

"Hollywood, the news industry and television, all corporate controlled, have become instruments of inverted totalitarianism. They censor or ridicule those who critique or challenge corporate structures and assumptions. They saturate the airwaves with manufactured controversy, whether it is Tiger Woods or the dispute between Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien. They manipulate images to make us confuse how we are made to feel with knowledge, which is how Barack Obama became president. And the draconian internal control employed by the Department of Homeland Security, the military and the police over any form of popular dissent, coupled with the corporate media's censorship, does for inverted totalitarianism what thugs and bonfires of books do in classical totalitarian regimes."

Chris Hedges

"There are invisible rulers who control the destinies of millions. It is not generally realised to what extent the words and actions of our most influential public men are dictated by shrewd persons operating behind the scenes. Now, what is still more important, the extent to which our thoughts and habits are modified by authorities. In some department of our daily life, in which we imagine ourselves free agents, we are ruled by dictators exercising great power."

Edward Bernay

Wow :lol:

Well I actually agree with this on many levels. You need a license to do so many things, and yet not to create & care for children. It doesn't make sense. Selective breeding is more controversial, but for the protection of children why not?

I sympathise with your point of view - watching a programme about obese pregnant women and the health problems of their offspring the other night (mothers who think a plate of greasy chips followed by a bag Haribo is an appropriate meal for a baby), it borders on child abuse in my humble opinion.

But the thought of Government-approved procreation doesn't sit well with me at all.

I'd like to see people be educated/enabled/encouraged/influenced to be good parents, rather than through punitive authoritarianism!

1:01 = Rumsfeld announces on September 10th 2001 that the Pentagon cannot account for 2.3 TRILLION dollars , one day before the data storage area of the pentagon is destroyed in the 9/11 attacks making it impossible to retrieve old records about where the cash may have gone.

Also Dwight Eisenhowers farewell address (on youtube also)

And some Bill Hicks for levity:

"People often ask me where I stand politically. It's not that I disagree with Bush's economic policy or his foreign policy, it's that I believe he was a child of Satan sent here to destroy the planet Earth. Yeah, a little to the left."

"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ******ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."

"I love talking about the Kennedy assasination. The reason I do is because I'm fascinated by it. I'm fascinated that our government could lie to us so blatantly, so obviously for so long, and we do absolutely nothing about it. I think that's interesting in what is ostensibly a democracy. Sarcasm - come on in. People say "Bill, quit talking about Kennedy man. It was a long time ago, just let it go, alright? It's a long time ago, just forget it." I'm like, alright, then don't bring up Jesus to me. As long as we're talking shelf life here.."

"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your goverment is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their ******ing skulls together and congratulate yourself on the living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!"

"If the FBI's motivating factor for busting down the Koresh compound was child abuse, how come we never see Bradley tanks smashing into Catholic churches?"

"I loved when Bush came out and said, 'We are losing the war against drugs.' You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it."

"I'm glad mushrooms are against the law, because I took them one time, and you know what happened to me? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, "My God! I love everything." Yeah, now if that isn't a hazard to our country … how are we gonna justify arms dealing when we realize that we're all one?"

"Folks, it's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because, um – they're no longer relevant. We're supposed to keep evolving. Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs. You do know that, right? There's another 90 percent of our brains that we have to illuminate."

"This is where we are at right now, as a whole. No one is left out of the loop. We are experiencing a reality based on a thin veneer of lies and illusions. A world where greed is our God and wisdom is sin, where division is key and unity is fantasy, where the ego-driven cleverness of the mind is praised, rather than the intelligence of the heart."