House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Nationwide 7Am Tomorrow

Of course it is going to be up.

Oddly enough, when I talk to EAs they are forever whinging about Lloyds, Santander, etc downgrading valuations and refusing to lend on the offered price let alone the asking price... but I never hear an EA complain about Nationwide turning down lending on houses.

Oddly enough, when I talk to EAs they are forever whinging about Lloyds, Santander, etc downgrading valuations and refusing to lend on the offered price let alone the asking price... but I never hear an EA complain about Nationwide turning down lending on houses.

If it's up much more than 1%, Nationwide are saying that house prices are higher now than at any time since mid 2008. That might be true for London, but not the rest of the country.

Up by more than 0.5% and their YoY is going to be in positive territory.

Edited by rantnrave

If it's up much more than 1%, Nationwide are saying that house prices are higher now than at any time since mid 2008. That might be true for London, but not the rest of the country.

Up by more than 0.5% and their YoY is going to be in positive territory.

Level pegging

My prediction is that all predictions will be based on nothing concrete and if right, they will have been sheer flukes.

And on that basis I predict a 0.1 % increase

I'll hazard a guess at a small drop, on the basis that they'll have a bit in hand to show a rise for the start of the Autumn buying season. But, in reallity, it will be whatever they want it to be ;).

yeah, that trend I think has made it inevitable we will see a BIG correction, hopefully this month.

It think it has to correct too, I'll think it will be slower rather than a one month Halifax style 3%+ plummet.

-0.9% and same again for a few months.

Probably because Lloyds (inc HBOS) and Santander have a higher market share of the mortgage market at the moment (#1 and #2), nationwide has slumped to just 7% share so may be in 4th (or 5th) place. I suspect what you say about NW not pressuring values down may be true also, but then again the NW arrears rate is lower than average so they had to have done something more sensible than some of the others at some point.

You started the land registry prediction thread too - you really are a glutton for punishment. ;)

I'll go -0.5

Yes, but you'll notice I never actually make a prediction <_<

Probably because Lloyds (inc HBOS) and Santander have a higher market share of the mortgage market at the moment (#1 and #2), nationwide has slumped to just 7% share so may be in 4th (or 5th) place. I suspect what you say about NW not pressuring values down may be true also, but then again the NW arrears rate is lower than average so they had to have done something more sensible than some of the others at some point.

27% pay increase for Nationwide CEO this year.

Apparently it's the FSA's fault. What a "regulator"!! Allows liar loans and then insists none of the building society/ bank bosses let the side down by not taking an exorbitant salary

What would the Financial Services Authority say if our chief executive was paid just £100,000? It would shut us down. Nationwide would cease to exist.'

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2017961/Nationwide-chairman-Geoffrey-Howes-defence-soaring-boardroom-rewards.html

Up the last five months in a row!!!

Jun 11 0%

May 11 +0.30

Apr 11 -0.20

Mar 11 +0.50

Feb 11 +0.30

Hmmmm, not really surging is it? *

My guess..... -0.1%

Phew!

* of course if you are refering to the non SA figure, then its only 4 months!

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

Jun 11 0%

May 11 +0.30

Apr 11 -0.20

Mar 11 +0.50

Feb 11 +0.30

Hmmmm, not really surging is it? *

My guess..... -0.1%

Phew!

* of course if you are refering to the non SA figure, then its only 4 months!

Feb 11 £161,183

Mar 11 £164,751

Apr 11 £165,609

May 11 £167,208

Jun 11 £168,205

B)

Edited by rantnrave

Feb 11 £161,183

Mar 11 £164,751

Apr 11 £165,609

May 11 £167,208

Jun 11 £168,205

B)

My outlandish prediction: -4.8% (makes the avg huse price less than £160k)

Based on what I have seen in Norwich only the best has sold and some at higher than ever prices (london mugs?).

However this has died a death in the last three weeks so a rise for me followed by faster falls once we get into school term.

Even some estate agents have been telling me recently not to buy, thats how ominous it is.....

Edited by Fromage Frais