HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

The stuff listed on that spreadsheet is only a subset that NAMA have actually foreclosed on.

Looks like NAMA testing the market. I wouldn't pay £40k for a finished flat in Dromore , we'll see if anyone fancies a shell at that price

:lol::lol:

HOLA449

Looks like NAMA testing the market. I wouldn't pay £40k for a finished flat in Dromore , we'll see if anyone fancies a shell at that price

:lol::lol:

seen those advertised on the way into dromore just off the dual carriage way - looks as if theer are maybe 1 - 2 of the houses occupied in the whole development, including the 'shell' apartments and the houses

on a side note do you think dromore is a bad area???, have recently moved in here and have nothing but good to say about the place - moved here after living in belfast for 10 years as I now have a very young family - twin girls and needed a bigger place

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

An (HPC) editors dream: Fire sale

Mr McDonagh admitted yesterday that some developers had failed to make a full disclosure of their assets when asked.

"Some of them forgot to put some things on the list,'' he said.

However, he said the lavish lifestyles of developers were now over.

"The helicopters are grounded," Mr McDonagh added.

Information on hidden assets was also becoming available.

"Ireland is a small country. It's amazing what people might mention they know -- information that is always welcome."

The launch of the NAMA list is a marketing coup on a scale not seen since fake punters queued over night for unavailable Dublin apartments at the height of the boom.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Puff piece.

Presumably NAMA related

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/woman/house-home/luxury-houses-buyer-frenzy-in-northern-ireland-price-drop-from-1m-down-to-400000-16031619.html

I got hold of last Thurs's Tele. Within all the NAMA hoo ha, they feature (twice) 27 houses in Quoile Crescent in Downpatrick, yet this isn't on the Nama list. 27 to be auctioned as one lot with work required. Roads unadopted and even binmen won't collect bins. I think over £200k was paid at peak.

Of NI's NAMA £3.5 Bil, £1 Bil is investment props (from 3 of 5 Big banks), £2 bil is undeveloped land and £350 mil is prop and land 'under development'.

John simpson describes the market as "ultra fragile" explaining NAMA only relates to Irish headquared banks (AIB, BOI and First Trust) So does not include the crud of the Northern and Ulster. Nama says it will speed up its efforts, I assume the other two will do likewise if maximum returns is the objective, given things are acknowledged to still be degenerating.

Good Morning Ulster from 8am interviewed the one (there may be 2) dweller from Quoile Crescent (re the 5,000 vacant properties story)- I missed that - but Joe Frey was on from NIHE. Very interesting and worth a listen on the iplayer.

Joe stated 5,000 was the minumum, stats from a year or so ago, and that he (NIHE) had been warning of bust since 2006. Little to be done except Stormont to create jobs, according to Joe. Not large estates as such and located where land was 'relatively cheap' west of the Bann, South Down and (I think) East Antrim.

I know housing Associations were buying in the Boom - £170k ex Council Terrace then, £55k now. Wonder how much private crud NIHE bought and at what premium, even though Joe predicted it would all end in tears?

Lots of disappointed developers turned away by NIHE - props, especially apartments not suitable, wrong location and not up to required standard.

His comments should be interesting in UUJ Q2 which should be out in 2/3 weeks.

Carruthers used the term House Price Crash at least twice - curzon dev was mentioned.

Irish news has 3 pages and an editorial on the 40 investor props adding to the supply side, and price crash in general

I imagine Nolan will push this. & will feature on BBCNI newsline @ 6.30

Edited by Shotoflight

HOLA4414

I got hold of last Thurs's Tele. Within all the NAMA hoo ha, they feature (twice) 27 houses in Quoile Crescent in Downpatrick, yet this isn't on the Nama list. 27 to be auctioned as one lot with work required. Roads unadopted and even binmen won't collect bins. I think over £200k was paid at peak.

Who is it being auctioned by?

HOLA4415

Who is it being auctioned by?

My mistake - the article states offers of £2 million invited for all 27 properties. O'connor, Kennedy, Turtle. See earlier info in link below.

My confusion was that it was either in the media or i was told by an EA (or both!) that it was going to auction way before the one job lot sale/tactic became public.

Hope I haven't dashed your hopes of snapping up a bargain at auction ;)

As it wasn't on the NAMA list, it may be an Ulster or Northern problem (and the Tele has just thrown this into the NAMA article for good measure) - Article states a further half built estate by this firm on the Crumlin Road was put up for sale by the Northern, so I would guess it's their problem.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/halffinished-homes-for-sale-as-property-firm-hits-trouble-16012063.html?service=Print

This should be on newsline tonite - they interviewed one guy this am so I am sure they had a camera there, and it's part of the 5000 unfinished props story.

Edited by Shotoflight

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Buyer Frenzy in Dromore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luxury houses buyer frenzy in Northern Ireland - price drop from £1m to £400,000

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/woman/house-home/luxury-houses-buyer-frenzy-in-northern-ireland-price-drop-from-1m-to-400000-16031619.html

They should do a little more research! The building is a shell and will cost a couple of hundred grand to make good! By the way just want to say thanks to all of you as I've been lurking for ages. You've helped make me a lot more bearish!