House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Suv Sales Down 65%

Courtesy of The Simpsons:

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive,

Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five?

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down

It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Hey, hey!

Twelve yards long, two lanes wide,

Sixty five tons of American pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports,

Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

She blinds everybody with her super high beams

She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine

Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero!

Whoa, Canyonero! Whoa!

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/downloads/trac...c/canyonero.mp3

Guest boredwaiting
Probably become the next status symbol in China though.

The government is subsidising the petrol over there so it's not so much of a problem over there....

Just went out for my morning jog - I've been very unwell of late so a morning jog is no more than 50 yards to the corner of the road and back to try and get my breathing a tad better - and there was one of those new Land Rover Discoverys sat outside my house in the resident's parking bay. It was ENORMOUS.

The engine was on and it was splurting diesel fumes out the back. The female driver was sat in it on her mobile phone so I gave her a stare an she gave me a rather smug look back as if "Look at what I can afford!" and carried on talking.

I won't tell you what I said to her when I walked over to the driver's window but, suffice to say, I think I have just joined the anti 4x4 brigade.

Just went out for my morning jog - I've been very unwell of late so a morning jog is no more than 50 yards to the corner of the road and back to try and get my breathing a tad better - and there was one of those new Land Rover Discoverys sat outside my house in the resident's parking bay. It was ENORMOUS.

The engine was on and it was splurting diesel fumes out the back. The female driver was sat in it on her mobile phone so I gave her a stare an she gave me a rather smug look back as if "Look at what I can afford!" and carried on talking.

I won't tell you what I said to her when I walked over to the driver's window but, suffice to say, I think I have just joined the anti 4x4 brigade.

Do you often go up to complete strangers and abuse them?

The new discovery weighs 2.5 tons!

Car weight is out of control. I have a 1992 Sierra which weighs less than a new Clio. The new Golf GTI is twice as heavy as the mark 1.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Do you often go up to complete strangers and abuse them?
and there was one of those new Land Rover Discoverys sat outside my house in the resident's parking bay

(emphasis added)

The engine was on and it was splurting diesel fumes out the back.

(emphasis added)

Should I have added it was also opposite the junior school and a class of 6 year olds were walking past on the way to an outing in the park.

Asthma rates have soared in the UK in the last few years just as the sale of 4x4s has soared.

The new discovery weighs 2.5 tons!

Car weight is out of control. I have a 1992 Sierra which weighs less than a new Clio. The new Golf GTI is twice as heavy as the mark 1.

but newer cars are safer. check out motorbike weight stats they keep getting lighter faster and better fuel efficienty. the government should subsidice the purchase of these :D

and well done to the land rover abuser. :) I often have to sit at a rail crossing on the way home, but like a considerate driver I turn my engine off, people just look at me funny, but I save 10mins of gas, so I smile back at them with there overloaded credit cards :P

but newer cars are safer.

Not if you are in a 'normal' car and get hit by a 4x4. I have noticed about half a dozen collisions reported in my neck of the woods over the past year where, when a 4x4 has been involved, someone in the normal car has been killed.

and well done to the land rover abuser.

Thank you.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Guest Alright Jack
and well done to the land rover abuser. :) I often have to sit at a rail crossing on the way home, but like a considerate driver I turn my engine off, people just look at me funny, but I save 10mins of gas, so I smile back at them with there overloaded credit cards :P

I'm sure this sort of imagination makes you feel better about missing out. I expect they'll cover their bills with the proceeds from your rent payments. :lol:

Stop overstating the debt case. A few individuals I'm sure have overdone it a bit (nothing that time won't sort out) but in the main you are pretending that their success is imaginary to make you feel better about your own lot in relation to theirs.

Probably become the next status symbol in China though.

Horrifyingly, your not wrong there. I saw an Open University programme about a year ago on the expanding Chinese middle/ upper classes, they idolised Hummers as a status symbol! :o

This was worsened by the Chinese city traffic often reduced to a crawl. Cars- 'make-up for men' :angry:

I'm sure this sort of imagination makes you feel better about missing out. I expect they'll cover their bills with the proceeds from your rent payments. :lol:

Stop overstating the debt case. A few individuals I'm sure have overdone it a bit (nothing that time won't sort out) but in the main you are pretending that their success is imaginary to make you feel better about your own lot in relation to theirs.

See many of them going on a 6month holiday do you? hummm... no? too many monthy charges from store card/mortgage/credit cards to tie them down. oh well, let them enjoy there 2 weeks holiday in the summer then whilst I'm driving around Oz with all my saved up money. :)

Guest Alright Jack
See many of them going on a 6month holiday do you? hummm... no? too many monthy charges from store card/mortgage/credit cards to tie them down. oh well, let them enjoy there 2 weeks holiday in the summer then whilst I'm driving around Oz with all my saved up money. :)

Excuse my ignorance, I didn't realise there was a national database listing holidays per year by SUV owners. Had I known this I would too have been able to draw your conclusion.

I often have to sit at a rail crossing on the way home, but like a considerate driver I turn my engine off, people just look at me funny, but I save 10mins of gas, so I smile back at them with there overloaded credit cards :P

10 mins!? How long are these trains?

10 mins!? How long are these trains?

being in an overly safe country they close the barrers well before the train has left the station, then it goes past, and to the untrained :( they think the wait is over, but no they make you sit there until the opposite train comes through, the overall time often takes 10mins or more. Raynes Park crossing, if your bored one day! :D (and want to choke to death on 4x4 fumes!)