House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dorkins

Books Or Essays About Gold

Does anybody have any book/essay recommendations on the subject of gold, particularly the history of the gold standard?

I can see the theoretical appeal of having a fixed money supply but want to know how it worked in practice.

Does anybody have any book/essay recommendations on the subject of gold, particularly the history of the gold standard?

I can see the theoretical appeal of having a fixed money supply but want to know how it worked in practice.

Have a read of The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin.

That's what first got me interested in PMs.

Google it and you'll probably even find a free pdf of it to read.

Does anybody have any book/essay recommendations on the subject of gold, particularly the history of the gold standard?.......

Have a read through this.

Would recommend you sign up to World Gold Council site, and have a few decades of spare time.

Best of fortune.

Mike Bulloney's Guide to investing in Gold & Silver!

Gold the Once and Future Money by Nathan Lewis.

You can acquire a copy here:

http://www.kantakji....nomics/w112.pdf

Just for the record, I don't expect or believe that we should return to the gold standard but there's plenty of historical data in the book.

An essay by Dominic Frisby, Why Gold is the Currency of the Idle and Free.

http://dominicfrisby.net/writing/why-gold-is-the-currency-of-the-idle-and-free

The audio book version.

http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/2009/07/04/why-gold-is-the-currency-of-the-free-and-idle/

Edited by Take Me Back To London!