House Price Crash Forum

Great More In Car Distractions

ken_ichikawa

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://ciid.dk/2011/06/23/press-release-toyota-opens-window-to-the-world/

Looks like road fatalities are going to go up as people will be augmenting them to watch TV while they drive and not paying attention to the road. :rolleyes:

My first thought is that this would make car journeys horrendous. My daughter would throw up 10 minutes into every journey because she was playing with her window and looking out of the side at everything whizzing by. I cant see this being a winner.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Christ you guys are grumpy bastards.

That is amazing technology (although I wouldn't be surprised if it's been around for a while).

Suitable application just takes imagination, once the technology is there.

Rather than sucking power, I would imagine it's another excuse to charge people more money for car.

p.s. if you wanna save power just turn off the air-con, or better still, drive a Caterham or something. :)

HOLA447

That is amazing technology (although I wouldn't be surprised if it's been around for a while).

Rather than sucking power, I would imagine it's another excuse to charge people more money for car.

p.s. if you wanna save power just turn off the air-con, or better still, drive a Caterham or something. :)

Its not real, its a concept, they told a kid to pretend to draw shapes on a window, the some graphic artist added the shapes after....

HOLA448
HOLA449

Its not real, its a concept, they told a kid to pretend to draw shapes on a window, the some graphic artist added the shapes after....

Like drawing knobs in the condensation on the window at the back of the school bus.

HOLA4410

The real trick would be to have a car with no windows - helps the structure no end - and everyone has a pair of VR glasses on instead. These could be rigged up to an external camera system, so the driver could 'see' in any direction with no blind spots. I admit that at motorway speeds this could prove disconcerting. Plus, electrical faults could cause problems.

HOLA4411

The real trick would be to have a car with no windows - helps the structure no end - and everyone has a pair of VR glasses on instead. These could be rigged up to an external camera system, so the driver could 'see' in any direction with no blind spots. I admit that at motorway speeds this could prove disconcerting. Plus, electrical faults could cause problems.

Periscope.

HOLA4412

I've said that about passenger aircraft. Make them with no windows and aircraft become considerably lighter. Instead you can have webcams routed to the inflight entertainment systems much like Qatar airlines happens to have. They had cockpit view, and 4 other cameras last time I was on a flight.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I've said that about passenger aircraft. Make them with no windows and aircraft become considerably lighter. Instead you can have webcams routed to the inflight entertainment systems much like Qatar airlines happens to have. They had cockpit view, and 4 other cameras last time I was on a flight.

They could just make a plane out of transparent plastics. Stop people getting claustrophobic.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

So it's a concept of a naff idea, rather than just a genuinely naff idea.

Great.

Archived