House Price Crash Forum

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.” - Aldous Huxley

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-peacock-syndrome-americas-fatal-disease

Interesting quote from Huxley. Although our drug appears to have been tat and massively increasing house prices creating the illusion of wealth allowing us to indulge in buying even more tat. Then we have nice distractions like the X-Factor where the gets all the tat they could possible want.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-peacock-syndrome-americas-fatal-disease

Interesting quote from Huxley. Although our drug appears to have been tat and massively increasing house prices creating the illusion of wealth allowing us to indulge in buying even more tat. Then we have nice distractions like the X-Factor where the gets all the tat they could possible want.

Don't forget RSI drugs like Citalopram.

Now here was a guy with my vision, free drugs and getting jiggy with a different hot babe every night*, whats not to love

*im clearly an Alpha

Edited by Mary Cassatt

Dictatorship via prescription!

No need. Current western diet has achieved it already. Iodine (essential) was removed from baked goods and beer a while back and replaced with bromide. Fluoride in the water supply? Plus all the other halogens.

They stopped dosing prisoners, and the insane with bromide back in the 60's!

Result, reduced thyroid function, low tetostorone population with endocrine systems barely limping along, despite an "NHS."

Dietary Fat is dangerous (no it isn't). Also high carb junk keeps you dosile, sleepy, stupid and also constantly requiring your next fix of sugar.

The required biodiesel that we are required to cook with these days, depresses the immune system, you stay alive, but get sick a lot. In my town I see the consultants driving around in their darkened window X20's keeping the sick, obese "cattle" alive just long enough.

Go in to see your doctor about a cold, and get prescribed a statin (which will deprive the liver of various enzymes producing qualities). The list is endless.

Edited by John Steed

Now here was a guy with my vision, free drugs and getting jiggy with a different hot babe every night*, whats not to love

*im clearly an Alpha

PS_1032_SHEEN_LOHAN.jpgxsheen-lohan-2012.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4IlRyc9ZRD.jpg

best get campaigning then

No need. Current western diet has achieved it already. Iodine (essential) was removed from baked goods and beer a while back and replaced with bromide. Fluoride in the water supply? Plus all the other halogens.

Result, reduced thyroid function, low tetostorone population with endocrine systems barely limping along, despite an "NHS."

Dietary Fat is dangerous (no it isn't). Also high carb junk keeps you dosile, sleepy, stupid and also constantly requiring your next fix of sugar.

The required biodiesel that we are required to cook with these days, depresses the immune system, you stay alive, but get sick a lot. In my town I see the consultants driving around in their darkened window X20's keeping the sick, obese "cattle" alive just long enough.

Go in to see your doctor about a cold, and get prescribed a statin (which will deprive the liver of various enzymes producing qualities). The list is endless.

Very true but you forgot to mention GMO foods that have been proven to have negative effects on the good bacteria in the gut which are essential for a strong immune system and for nutrients absorption, aspartame that has even been linked to diabetes, MSG which can cause anything from migranes to seizures, etc...

It is almost impossible to really eat healthy these days.

And what will this "happiness" drug do for house prices....

No-one will give a stuffed lettuce leaf for that next step up the ladder.

*im clearly an Alpha

I read Brave New World again on my flight back from the US last week. It does seem strangely accurate, and in the US there is now an organised scam of the private contractors working on behalf of authorities to seize children to put them in homes where they can then charge for their degainment and also make huge private profits on the behaviour improving drugs they ply them with.

It's the same issue as the prisons, where there is a huge back hand set of perverse incentives created to jail people so the prison contractors can make profits.

*im clearly an Alpha

I must be Bernard Marx then. :)

Very true but you forgot to mention GMO foods that have been proven to have negative effects on the good bacteria in the gut which are essential for a strong immune system and for nutrients absorption, aspartame that has even been linked to diabetes, MSG which can cause anything from migranes to seizures, etc...

It is almost impossible to really eat healthy these days.

What you've got right there is a classic case of

Orthorexia nervosa

Orthorexia nervosa (also known as orthorexia) is a term used by Steven Bratman to describe people who have developed a fixation with healthy or righteous eating and has been referred to as a mental disorder.

Some pills should sort you out

I read Brave New World again on my flight back from the US last week. It does seem strangely accurate...

That might have something to do with the fact that Huxley was part of a hugely influential, inbred dynasty which has been pushing for the kind of 'advances' described in Brave New World since Darwin's (another relative) time

What you've got right there is a classic case of

Orthorexia nervosa

Some pills should sort you out

I like your irony. :)

The fact that they redefine what should be the norm into a medical condition shows how far advanced on the path to 'Newspeak' and the the 'Ministry of Truth' we already are...

I'm actually surprised they didn't come up with a syndrome name for HPCers, maybe they should call us 'domus pretium lapsus timor'. :D

I read Brave New World again on my flight back from the US last week. It does seem strangely accurate, and in the US there is now an organised scam of the private contractors working on behalf of authorities to seize children to put them in homes where they can then charge for their degainment and also make huge private profits on the behaviour improving drugs they ply them with.

It's the same issue as the prisons, where there is a huge back hand set of perverse incentives created to jail people so the prison contractors can make profits.

A must watch imo...

Brave New World 80s tv movie

I was looking for this for a long time, as it never made it to dvd.

3 hours long, but well worth it as, in my opinion it was pretty true to the book

I'm actually surprised they didn't come up with a syndrome name for HPCers, maybe they should call us 'domus pretium lapsus timor'. :D

Depressive Realists

Throughout life, we have an innate tendency to divide the world into "us" and "them". As soon as you forge a connection with someone, you become part of their in-group - and humans are hard-wired to see members of their in-group more positively than they see others. In this way we all sign up to various mutual appreciation societies that exaggerate our virtues, ignore our faults and look down on outsiders. No wonder most of us feel excessively positive about ourselves.

Far from being pathological, though, positive illusions are now viewed as being a marker of a healthy mind. People who don't harbour them are more likely to be clinically depressed - a state called depressive realism.

Link

Edited by Leroast

Goodbye Brave New World, Hello 1984

The façade is crumbling. And as more and more people realize that they have been used and robbed, we will move swiftly from Huxley’s “Brave New World” to Orwell’s “1984.” The public, at some point, will have to face some very unpleasant truths. The good-paying jobs are not coming back. The largest deficits in human history mean that we are trapped in a debt peonage system that will be used by the corporate state to eradicate the last vestiges of social protection for citizens, including Social Security. The state has devolved from a capitalist democracy to neo-feudalism. And when these truths become apparent, anger will replace the corporate-imposed cheerful conformity. The bleakness of our post-industrial pockets, where some 40 million Americans live in a state of poverty and tens of millions in a category called “near poverty,” coupled with the lack of credit to save families from foreclosures, bank repossessions and bankruptcy from medical bills, means that inverted totalitarianism will no longer work.

[...]“Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating?” Orwell wrote. “It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself.”

Link

*im clearly an Alpha

And winner of this year's Apos Trophy. ;)

I'm not sure about endless; your list has the tang of madness.

You'll have to explain what "[...}prescribed a statin (which will deprive the liver of various enzymes producing qualities)" actually means.

"Pharmacology not panacea and has some well characterised side effects but our reporters too idiotic to understand population wide effects" shock from the Mail. What was the goal of including these links? It's the Daily Mail.

Despite such cutting insights, I'm still at a loss what "deprive the liver of various enzymes producing qualities" means.

So my whole reply.

Nope, still lost. A quote from one of the articles indicating uninformative increases in relative risk and potential damage to the organ which metabolises most drugs isn't very enlightening

If you have raised serum cholesterol, you are advised to take statins. This may return your cholesterol to normal levels which will hardly affect your ability to synthesise steroids and vitD - unless you lower it to nothing. Which doesn't happen.

If there is a population problem with VitD, which there is here in Australia, it's due to the success of skin cancer awareness campaigns: people aren't spending enough time in the sun to synthesise their own (~20 minutes direct sun on unprotected arms per day). If you want to direct your energies anywhere, that's where the big consipiracy is.

PS sat fats... the cholesterol biosynthetic pathway, the stages of which used to have to be learned by heart at the molecular level back in my day, begins with acetyl CoA IIRC. I'm sensing you are keen on wiki and thinking for yourself so have a look here and try to get a handle on how many different food sources pass through that intermediate and so can form substrate for cholesterol biosynthsis.

Spoiler alert - it's all of them.

I surprised but not really as you yourself have worked in medicine so technically are a vested interest in the medical industry.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=153276&view=findpost&p=2759336

I'd have thought that obvious from my fact based, objective responses. In the rational world my background, which I do not hide as you've seen, makes me more rather than less qualified to opine on technical matters. Clearly not in tricksterworld - you'll be keen on those 12 year old Muslim judges appointed for their "purity of mind" then.

Still, there's never a bad time to play the man not the ball, eh? No matter how ridiculous the basis.