House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Spate Of Fuel Tank Thefts - Doncaster

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/spate_of_fuel_tank_thefts_1_3612105

Police are advising Doncaster residents to be vigilant after fuel was stolen from cars parked across the borough.

Over the last month 23 vehicles have had their fuel caps forced open and petrol siphoned from the tank.

Extra patrols are being conducted and police are asking residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity or behaviour to them.

A trend I can see spreading.

In other news:

Police are advising Doncaster residents to be vigilant after purchasing power was stolen from money deposited across the borough.

Over the last year 230,000 accounts have had their money units ‘quantitatively eased’ and purchasing power siphoned from the funds.

Extra audits are being conducted and police are asking depositors to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity or behaviour to them.

In other news:

Police are advising Doncaster residents to be vigilant after purchasing power was stolen from money deposited across the borough.

Over the last year 230,000 accounts have had their money units ‘quantitatively eased’ and purchasing power siphoned from the funds.

Extra audits are being conducted and police are asking depositors to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity or behaviour to them.

:lol:

Police are advising Doncaster residents to be vigilant after fuel was stolen from cars parked across the borough.

Over the last month 23 vehicles have had their fuel caps forced open and petrol siphoned from the tank

People in Doncaster will drink anything.

My_Little_Pikey.jpg

DSC05028.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

Buried in the core (WALL) of Washington DC Masonic Temple - an old "fruit"

Then there's Pike on Dad's Army who always feels the Northerly chill around his neck.:P

Its not it could be it is happening all over, know someone who runs a haulage pallet firm who now leaves his petrol/diesel /caps off at night cheaper than replacing forced off ones and only allows his drivers to purchase 4 gallons at a time, crime is ripe in West Yorkshire around us in the last two months alone we have has a car explosion where gas bottles expoloded in a stolen car that was used in cash point break-ins which resulted in half demolishing a couple of houses,. two drug related murders 3 attempted hold ups at local post office, around 6 or so reported house brake-ins etc,people are getting really worried no petty crimes hardly gets reported no point anymore nobody ever seems to get caught, nothing hardly is ever reported in the media probably because its Up North.

pah Doncaster as sooo behind the times, we've had this in the Midlands for the last couple of years. As for forcing the petrol cap, it much quicker, quieter and less obvious too either cut a fuel line from the tank or drill a hole in the tank and let the fuel fall out into large containers.

I see a market for the double hulled fuel tank!

The outer hull has petrol which is tainted by molasses, the inner tank is the one which runs on normal petrol.

Thus when your scummy next door drills your tank he gets a caramelized engine (some bloke put a bag of sugar in my dads first car). It ruins his car and it is then immediately apparent that he has been drilling peoples petrol tanks. At which mob violence quickly lynches this person and the petrol thefts stop till the next lynching.

Reminds me of the Eighties when theft from cars was commonplace. Got a call from a friend who said his starter motor had gone. Told him to tap it with a hammer to free it. No, he said, gone as in someone had come along with a set of tools and removed it during the night.

Syphoning fuel from modern cars should be near impossible due to the addition of an anti-syphon feature to modern tanks, and also anti-foaming features.

This is why mis-fueling your car now requires the AA to take the entire petrol tank out.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Reminds me of the Eighties when theft from cars was commonplace. Got a call from a friend who said his starter motor had gone. Told him to tap it with a hammer to free it. No, he said, gone as in someone had come along with a set of tools and removed it during the night.

In my previous job one of the staff took their brand new company car into a garage because there was something wrong with the exhaust. Garage put it up on the hoist, then immediately brought her in to show her the problem.... someone had stolen the entire exhaust system. This was 5 years ago.

Syphoning fuel from modern cars should be near impossible due to the addition of an anti-syphon feature to modern tanks, and also anti-foaming features.

Hence, I guess, the reason why there have been instances of people stealing petrol by drilling a hole in the bottom of the tank. A few years ago there was a spate of reported thefts using this method in Selby, until one night there was a very big bang (as in, big enough to shatter windows in an entire residential street), cremated fuel thief entrails were splattered over a wide area and the police were to add him to the solved crime statistics.

Hence, I guess, the reason why there have been instances of people stealing petrol by drilling a hole in the bottom of the tank. A few years ago there was a spate of reported thefts using this method in Selby, until one night there was a very big bang (as in, big enough to shatter windows in an entire residential street), cremated fuel thief entrails were splattered over a wide area and the police were to add him to the solved crime statistics.

Drilling fuel tanks is only dangerous if the fuel tank is empty or near empty. I've seen bikers who are fit and well WELD motorbike fuel tanks filled with petrol. Its no problem as only the vapour is dangerous, with a full tank no vapor....

So what does this mean? Hypermill and don't fill your tank more than 1/3 of the way.

Syphoning fuel from modern cars should be near impossible

In Doncaster the most modern car is a Datsun Sunny.

2921881017_daf94e4925.jpg

I need to be able to drive my family 300 miles without having to stop.

Are you taking the phrase "sending someone to Coventry" a bit too literally?

I offer this anecdote and leave you to comment on its credibility...

A Mum 'n Dad retired USA couple bought a new VW caravanette and took it for a debut trip. On a long day's drive they stopped for coffe at a roadside diner. They parked at the rear.

Back on the road Dad says, "She doesn't seem to be pulling so well ...".

A quick inspection by a garage mechanic revealed their entire engine had been stolen, and replaced by a smoker with maybe 300K on the clock....

In under 20 minutes....

Drilling fuel tanks is only dangerous if the fuel tank is empty or near empty. I've seen bikers who are fit and well WELD motorbike fuel tanks filled with petrol. Its no problem as only the vapour is dangerous, with a full tank no vapor....

I do not recommend this activity! :huh:

Similar thing used to happen with mountain bikes in the 90s. Once locks got to the point where it was difficult to take the bike, it would simply be stripped instead. I once had a set of wheels and the brakes taken off mine - and it was parked outside a British Transport Police Station. Needless to say I went inside to ask them if they'd seen anything and two of the fatest cops I ever saw were eating doughnuts - the cliché made reality!

Oddly enough, it was a trend that disappeared around the late 90s - I guess thieves thought it wasn't worth their while anymore.

Impossible. But a good story!

I've just found the record for exchanging an engine on a VW Beetle is one minute and four seconds...

Is my tale still "impossible"?