House Price Crash Forum

Young Chap At Work, 22 Yo.....

HOLA441
Depends where it is. Around where I live rent of 647 pcm don't get u anything decent.

That's right. 20K salaries are too small to allow affordable living whether by buying or renting. And 20K is a lot more than many NHS staff get. The situation now is that loads of people just simply can't afford accomodation now. Outrageous. What if they couldn't afford food? Not being able to afford shelter is only one step down from that.

HOLA442

:( I Really do think you need to let this lad know what a terrible mistake he is making.

Do you know his home address? Could send him a FTB HPC leaflet? (This is pinned I think).

If not, does he have a car parked at work (stuff one under the windscreen wiper).

If not do you have a works canteen? Leave some prints on the tables or in the smoking room (if he smokes).

I have done a variation of the above. My opinion is the more you can 'bombard' the senses with

alternative literature the more the message starts to sink in. Might be worth a try if you don't want to face him yourself (and I can't say I blame you as i have taken plenty of flack like you in the past).

One trick which I find has worked quote nicely is every time there is a 'Bearish' headline in one of thew newspapers I buy about 3 copies and leave them (strategically placed) in the canteen and the smoking room, opened at the suitable page of course. It does get people talking and more importantly 'thinking' if they see it in the press enough.

Good luck

GAL BEAR

HOLA443
That's right. 20K salaries are too small to allow affordable living whether by buying or renting. And 20K is a lot more than many NHS staff get. The situation now is that loads of people just simply can't afford accomodation now. Outrageous. What if they couldn't afford food? Not being able to afford shelter is only one step down from that.

hi,

True. What a shabby, sorry ass little island it seems when you put it like that. I wonder if HM is feeling

warm and fuzzy inside about these incredible advancements we have made. Gordy had a crack. To be

fair, Public services did and do need a massive ramp but the money spent doesn't seem to have come

through. Poorly managed investment in conjunction with economic mismanagement. Time to give

someone else a go. Whatever party that is. I don't think he will make any improvements from now

however much money and time we throw to him. Bring in someone with some new approaches,

someone who might get the job done. :)

HOLA444
hi,

True. What a shabby, sorry ass little island it seems when you put it like that. I wonder if HM is feeling

warm and fuzzy inside about these incredible advancements we have made. Gordy had a crack. To be

fair, Public services did and do need a massive ramp but the money spent doesn't seem to have come

through. Poorly managed investment in conjunction with economic mismanagement. Time to give

someone else a go. Whatever party that is. I don't think he will make any improvements from now

however much money and time we throw to him. Bring in someone with some new approaches,

someone who might get the job done. :)

i know one slovakian girl who is holding down four jobs in the UK, 90->100 hours a week (one of the jobs is nights at a care home so she can get some sleep and they take it in turns to check on the residents), she is living in shared accomodation and presumably saving loads... The party isnt elsewhere, there is a party in the uk if you work hard and are looking to export your earnings to an eastern european country..

Edited by moosetea

HOLA445
However i do know one slovakian girl who is holding down four jobs in the UK, 90->100 hours a week (one of the jobs is nights at a care home so she can get some sleep and they take it in turns to check on the residents), she is living in shared accomodation and presumably saving loads... The party isnt elsewhere, there is a party in the uk if you work hard and are looking to export your earnings to an eastern european country..

i know one slovakian girl who is holding down four jobs in the UK, 90->100 hours a week (one of the jobs is nights at a care home so she can get some sleep and they take it in turns to check on the residents), she is living in shared accomodation and presumably saving loads... The party isnt elsewhere, there is a party in the uk if you work hard and are looking to export your earnings to an eastern european country..

How many Slovakian girls do you know? ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
The party isnt elsewhere, there is a party in the uk if you work hard

Hmm, I wouldn't exactly call wiping old people's arŞe's for 100 hours a week a party, but hey whatever floats your boat.... :rolleyes:

Edited by IPOD

HOLA448
Hmm, I wouldn't exactly call wiping old people's arŞe's for 100 hours a week a party, but hey whatever floats your boat.... :rolleyes:

ok... its only 26k at minimum wage, but from the perspective of an eastern european it feels more like 100->150k... If you could go to another country work for 150k for a while, and move a large proportion of the money back you would...

The party is here, your not invited because we already live here, and we want to live here long term....

Edited by moosetea