House Price Crash Forum

Amy Winehouse

Trampa501

HOLA441

Well, your opinion is ok too. But you are utterly wrong. You also do not understand addiction..

[** give me a while and i wil edit this post and try to explain in more detail]

How can I be wrong to say that if I don`t try a substance then I can`t become addicted to it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I have the smarts not to load up on addictive harmful substances in the first place. Also I have plenty of empathy of those who don't have their harm self inflicted by sheer self indulgence.

Sorry, not trying to offend you. just calling it as I see it. She threw her life away and just did not care.

Yes, that's right but she knew she was doing that, she wanted to do that, she probably did more in her life than you or I have done or ever will, and now she is jamming with Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison, all of whom died aged 27, in The Big Band in the Sky.

So why the anger and the "holier-than thou" attitude? She isn't moaning about her plight, she isn't demanding taxpayers spend a fortune managing her fortunes, she didn't want to go to re-hab, I believe her answer was no, she lived fast and died young, what's your problem?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Yes, that's right but she knew she was doing that, she wanted to do that, she probably did more in her life than you or I have done or ever will, and now she is jamming with Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison, all of whom died aged 27, in The Big Band in the Sky.

Pass the sick bucket

HOLA445

Have you ever cared for an alcoholic or drug addict?

Some posts on HPC are worthy of recognition. For many reasons. Yours is.

I dont know who you 'cared' for. A family member, a stranger, or whether it was a professional obligation or not.

I also do not know if you are bitter, ignorant or something else.

But whatever the reason, you are wrong.

HOLA446

Why are teddies being launched?

FFS it wasn't like it was a shock to anyone, It was a case of when not if she karked it.

Weird junkies die every day and not a peep, someone "Famous" pops off and everyones appalled.

Shes more famous for the drugs and booze than any song she ever wrote.

HOLA447

Have you ever cared for an alcoholic or drug addict? I have twice, and NEVER again. In my experience they are the most pathetic and self centered people on earth. Half the game seemed to be about healing and then have you go all through the experience again and again. I came to the conclusion they fed off the attention and took some kind of odd reward from draining others emotions.

She is better where she is now and her parents can grieve and move on instead of grieving year in year out.

Hopefully her disgusting bf follows her.

Remember - right now people are working in Foxcon factories to make our iPads.... save the tears for people who deserve them.

I am an alcoholic and come from a family of them . There is loads of it in both my Mum and Dads family , it skipped them but came out in 3 out of 3 children. I went to AA when I was just 23 and this Christmas will be 25 years without a drink . My brothers have not had the same success with trying to put the stuff down.

Having been around sober Alcoholics and those unable to kick the drink , having read up on it , seen it , watched people with it , listened to people with it and my own experiences of it my conclusion of it is that it is an illness and like many is hereditary.

HOLA448

There's been a lot of unpleasant things said about this girl's death.

I would have thought that many of the usual suspects would have been feeling a little contrite at the moment, after their horrible frothing about the 'islamic' attack on norway.

Oh, and bpw, why do you tell such terrible fibs? I know this is an anonymous forum, but really!

HOLA449

Are there crowds outside her flat yet? I got the impression that the media would have liked to build up to some kind of "Lennon moment" :lol: and just churn the story for days. She has passed, hopefully went out blissfully. Please media, just let this one go, events in Norway are f*ucking mental and may merit a few days coverage. Have never heard of such a thing outside of a war zone.

HOLA4410

There's been a lot of unpleasant things said about this girl's death.

I would have thought that many of the usual suspects would have been feeling a little contrite at the moment, after their horrible frothing about the 'islamic' attack on norway.

Oh, and bpw, why do you tell such terrible fibs? I know this is an anonymous forum, but really!

Unfortunately the complete non-story has pushed the Norway massacre off the headlines. I mean only 91 people, mostly kids, were gunned down in cold blood. That's news not worth reporting compared to some "celeb" druggie popping her cloggs!

Some peeps in this world need to sort their priorities out!!

HOLA4411
I went to AA when I was just 23 and this Christmas will be 25 years without a drink

Watching people people desperately needing a drink or a hit whilst struggling with the desire to keep sober or clean is a heartbreaking experience. Hard to imagine how bad it would feel.

Would agree that genes have a significant influence. Your honesty is appreciated miko and 25 years is quite an achievement. :D

HOLA4412

Your honesty is appreciated miko

+1 And character Admired

HOLA4413

Watching people people desperately needing a drink or a hit whilst struggling with the desire to keep sober or clean is a heartbreaking experience. Hard to imagine how bad it would feel.

Would agree that genes have a significant influence. Your honesty is appreciated miko and 25 years is quite an achievement. :D

Cheers

Yes like most or all things it is in the Genes.

I look at it like this now , humans are addictive some more than others . Add the substance to those with a high level of addiction and you will get the result , at some point they cross over an invisable line and are then addicted.

HOLA4414

I have the smarts not to load up on addictive harmful substances in the first place. Also I have plenty of empathy of those who don't have their harm self inflicted by sheer self indulgence.

Sorry, not trying to offend you. just calling it as I see it. She threw her life away and just did not care.

That may be true, however you had no talent when you were born, have no talent now, and will not be remembered when you're dead.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

That may be true, however you had no talent when you were born, have no talent now, and will not be remembered when you're dead.

You can see into the future? Cool! When's the bloody HPC gonna happen?

HOLA4417

Yes like most MONSTERS it is in the Genes.

Not just in the genes. Also have to understand that human beings are defined by their reactions to their experiences and that all our sensibilities are unique. This is an unmeasurable spectrum.

Its the same as asking why could Da Vinci, or Einstein do THAT!, but Bob next door cannot?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Strange that she attracted so much hatred.

I think it was Elvis Presley who said

"To be Famous is to be misunderstood"

HOLA4423

Unfortunately the complete non-story has pushed the Norway massacre off the headlines. I mean only 91 people, mostly kids, were gunned down in cold blood. That's news not worth reporting compared to some "celeb" druggie popping her cloggs!

Some peeps in this world need to sort their priorities out!!

So true. A week ago thousands were on the verge of death in Somalia, and the BBC barely mentioned it, they had a far bigger evil to deal with then the deaths from starvation, they had Murdoch to destroy.

Everyday some junkie tosses their life away, and we are suppose to have some outpouring of grief because she made music videos?

I have nothing against the late Amy W, but neither do I have sympathy. Sorry, just don't. Somalians, sure, Norwegian families affected absolutely. Amy W, nada.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Everyday some junkie tosses their life away.

Again mate, you are just showing a complete lack of understanding. [im being kind here. I could just label you an ignoramus]

Thats ok though.

[but it does suggest, that you don't actually believe addiction exists. That the tens of millions of people who suffer from addictions, are doing nothing other than making it up.]

If you have an addictive personality though, it can affect you as badly as cancer can. If you dont believe that, try asking someone who has cancer and is an alcoholic or drug addict.

They would probably tel you that dying from cancer is about as awful as it gets. But next to living with addiction, its not.

That's how evil it is. Just because you have not experienced that it does not make it a lie.

Yes its that f"****g bad.

You mentioned earlier she had money. Yes, in some cases that may make some difference. But in many cases the difference it could make would be as a drop in the ocean.

Ultimately these things are hardwired into us. There is no choice.

Archived