House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Hacking Was Endemic At The 'mirror', Says Former Reporter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8656961/Amy-Winehouse-Rehab-singer-dies-aged-27.html

The phone-hacking story took a new and dramatic turn yesterday as a former journalist on the Daily Mirror claimed that the practice was "endemic" at the newspaper during his time there and that he would be willing to testify to investigating authorities.

James Hipwell, 45, told The Independent that hacking at the Daily Mirror was widespread and "seen as a bit of a wheeze". He said he would give evidence to a public inquiry into hacking ordered by David Cameron and headed by Lord Justice Brian Leveson.

I mean who would have thought other papers where going to get dragged into this!!!

The phone-hacking story took a new and dramatic turn yesterday as a former journalist on the Daily Mirror claimed that the practice was "endemic" at the newspaper during his time there and that he would be willing to testify to investigating authorities.

James Hipwell, 45, told The Independent that hacking at the Daily Mirror was widespread and "seen as a bit of a wheeze".

I mean who would have thought other papers where going to get dragged into this!!!

James Hipwell: one of the "City Slickers".

I'm sure we can take his word for it. ;)

It's all contained.

Mayor of London made it pretty clear yesterday that it's just a matter of time before titles outside Murdoch's get caught up in this.