House Price Crash Forum
happy_renting

Tale From Middle England

I dropped in on my ex-inlaws today. Had a nice cup ot tea and a chat.

They have been talking of moving for years, to buy a smaller place down by the coast, but they never actually got around to doing it.

They have a nice big garden, but they are getting on, and it's becoming a bit of a liability.

So inevitably the conversation got on to selling up, and house prices.

Apparently (because my ex-father in-law is always right), EAs are lazy and will try to get you to sell your house 'below what it's worth'.

Why should a property 'worth £500k' suddenly be worth £100k less? By this time the veins in his forehead were starting to stand out and he was turning puce. :lol:

I said nothing and tried not to smirk. I guess they won't ever sell the place for 'what it's worth'. Looks like my ex won't be getting such a good inheritance in the long run. ;)

I dropped in on my ex-inlaws today. Had a nice cup ot tea and a chat.

They have been talking of moving for years, to buy a smaller place down by the coast, but they never actually got around to doing it.

They have a nice big garden, but they are getting on, and it's becoming a bit of a liability.

So inevitably the conversation got on to selling up, and house prices.

Apparently (because my ex-father in-law is always right), EAs are lazy and will try to get you to sell your house 'below what it's worth'.

Why should a property 'worth £500k' suddenly be worth £100k less? By this time the veins in his forehead were starting to stand out and he was turning puce. :lol:

I said nothing and tried not to smirk. I guess they won't ever sell the place for 'what it's worth'. Looks like my ex won't be getting such a good inheritance in the long run. ;)

Then there's those nursing home fees....

Oh dear :(