House Price Crash Forum
Arbitrage

Itv Tonight Rising Cost Of Food

Food prices are rising: fact

But no mention of the real causes

1. money printing

2. causing the £ to crash

3. pushing up the price of imported food, fertiliser, oil etc

Instead we got bogus propaganda - evil speculators, evil supermarkets, and less grow more of our own food

Crap: the cost of growing food domestically will stiull be inflated by QE because we have to import fertilser / oil

PURE PROPAGANDA

UPSHOT: THE KLEPTOCRATS ARE WORRIED - HENCE THE NEED TO DISTRACT THE PLEBS - WE MUST ACCEPT THAT FACT THAT WE HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR OUR FOOD, BUT IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY PRINTING

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't see it.

You are right of course.

Tonight and ITN are usually better than the Beeb fare, however, the general public don't really have a clue about the reality of inflation and trashing the currency.

Give every fat b*stard an allotment and tell them to grow their own.

Give anyone who wants one an allotment.

There's a couple of big patches of grass at Old Trafford they could commendeer.

In a typical allotment you can grow enough potatoes to last most of the year. I've just dug the first earlies (yum), second earlies nearly ready, King Edward maincrop will be done for the end of the summer and will last into winter.

Whether people would have a clue what to do with them is another matter. I don't think food is that expensive in this country yet though.

Give every fat b*stard an allotment and tell them to grow their own.

Give anyone who wants one an allotment.

...and a council house?

I must admit, yesterday I ate 2 small Tesco pies @50p each and boiled potatoes, peas and a fried onion from the garden. Okay, it's not self sufficientcy but it's not too bad!

1. money printing

Instead we got bogus propaganda - evil speculators, evil supermarkets, and less grow more of our own food

Crap: the cost of growing food domestically will stiull be inflated by QE because we have to import fertilser / oil

PURE PROPAGANDA

UPSHOT: THE KLEPTOCRATS ARE WORRIED - HENCE THE NEED TO DISTRACT THE PLEBS - WE MUST ACCEPT THAT FACT THAT WE HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR OUR FOOD, BUT IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY PRINTING

You forgot global warming climate change weather disruption or whatever it's called these days.

1. money printing

PURE PROPAGANDA

Did you notice the woman who was crying because "some days there wasn't enough money to feed her children" had leather reclining sofas and a 42" plasma TV!!!???

WTF

Didn't see it.

You are right of course.

Tonight and ITN are usually better than the Beeb fare, however, the general public don't really have a clue about the reality of inflation and trashing the currency.

Problem is, neither do the people who make the programmes.

Did you notice the woman who was crying because "some days there wasn't enough money to feed her children" had leather reclining sofas and a 42" plasma TV!!!???

WTF

I'm abroad so didn't see it, but I take it you are joking, otherwise are the television producers extracting the Michael?

Seems to have gone over most peoples heads, that here in the affluent developed world, we only spend 10/15% of our income on food.

So each rise of 10% amounts to only 1, or 1.5% extra outgoings.

In some parts of the world 60%+ of income goes on food.

So each rise of 10% amounts to an extra 6% on outgoings.

Now that's food for thought to all of you heading for the fat farm.

Edited by DiggerUK

Itv Tonight Rising Cost Of Food

No problem for Mrs CTT and myself we only buy Bogofs and the amounts of reduced food offers which are now plentiful due to people cutting back, pop round to the local supermarket daily to buy the next day meals, to date have reduced our food bill by at least 50%. :D

In a typical allotment you can grow enough potatoes to last most of the year. I've just dug the first earlies (yum), second earlies nearly ready, King Edward maincrop will be done for the end of the summer and will last into winter.

Whether people would have a clue what to do with them is another matter. I don't think food is that expensive in this country yet though.

Ermmmmm................. eat them ?

Grow your own food. What a dumbass suggestion. To counteract rising food prices, grow your own vegetables. Still means it's going to cost you more to live, as you have to work at producing food. Why don't they suggest getting another job to cover the extra increase in food prices that your stagnant salary isn't going to cover?

Grow your own food. What a dumbass suggestion. To counteract rising food prices, grow your own vegetables. Still means it's going to cost you more to live, as you have to work at producing food. Why don't they suggest getting another job to cover the extra increase in food prices that your stagnant salary isn't going to cover?

Yes that's a good idea, why don't we all just get another job! I'm sure the government would be very happy. Anyone got a better idea?

Yes that's a good idea, why don't we all just get another job! I'm sure the government would be very happy. Anyone got a better idea?

...yes...another two jobs....for starters.... :rolleyes:

Seems to have gone over most peoples heads, that here in the affluent developed world, we only spend 10/15% of our income on food.

+1

I don't think people realise how good they have it.

Yes this is it!! The answer to world hunger!!

...too true...productivity is the answer...'from little acorns'.....you have to get out of the 'pizza delivery delivered to your plate' mentality.... :rolleyes:

I'm abroad so didn't see it, but I take it you are joking, otherwise are the television producers extracting the Michael?

Honestly not joking! Try catch a re-run if avaialble online... Poverty really does have a different meaning in the UK

WTF

That is 'poverty' in the UK.

I didn't see the prog. but don't suppose anyone asked the basic question of what she would normally feed her children and whether that would include relatively cheap fresh veg/potatoes or anything cooked from scratch.

So many kids are so used to a diet of virtually 100% cr*p, they won't eat anything else.

Honestly not joking! Try catch a re-run if avaialble online... Poverty really does have a different meaning in the UK

It sounds like a comedy show script, the producers have lost all credibility if they put that to air

She probably buys expensive ready meals and microwaves everything too.

+1

I made that point in the "Supermarket" thread. We have an amazing choice of relatively cheap, safe, high quality food in this country.

Indeed, people in the developing world are ten times more vulnerable to local and US Fed currency chicanery. The real reason as to why there’s been so many uprisings over the last twelve months.

On a side note I take it everything’s fine and dandy in Gaddafiland now, given the sudden lack of coverage?