House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A Fool & His Borrowed Money

Have A Laugh At This V.i. Spin

Or more simply explained:-

The asset price isn't worth the amount of money required to purchase it.

Morgage-Phobe, my ****.

In the bottom right hand corner of that page is a little poll asking whether you think house prices will fall. Make your vote count, and vote...

In the bottom right hand corner of that page is a little poll asking whether you think house prices will fall. Make your vote count, and vote...

Just voted

Will HP's Fall ?

Yes - 50 %

No - 42 %

Not sure - 8%

And despite ‘mortgage-phobia’ affecting half of those who say they prefer to rent, the survey reveals that most of us still want to own our own home. Over a third (34%) of those who prefer to buy say renting is money down the drain, while another third (34%) see owning their own home as an investment and want to make money from it.

Whilst the other third said "HOW MUCH - ****** THAT FOR A GAME OF SOLDIERS!" :lol:

Edited by teddyboy

What a poorly-written little piece: the implied conclusion is that 'mortgage-phobics' have no reason to be wary, but the only real reason given is that morgages can be affordable. And what does this have to do with one third of buyers wanting to make money from their house, while one third prefer to rent? Utter rubbish.

Tried to vote but it said 'You are unauthorised to use this script' Is this Norton doing this?

Mine let me do it.

Yes 61%

No 33%

Not sure 6%

I'm sure I've got this phobia. Its an irrational fear of working my butt off, doing it hard, not being able to afford to scratch my bottom for my effort and then finding that my savings amount to -60K :o and I would have been better off on in the UB line.

Of course we don't mind taking on a bigger than huge debt, endangering our future prosperity to buy an over-inflated property to help shore up this scam, which will eventually fund someones cushy retirement.

Whatever made them think overwise?

Many lenders now base their lending decisions on affordability - your ability to afford a mortgage - rather than on traditional income multiples

What do they think income multiples measure, the number of ripe bananas?

“People are afraid that mortgages are unaffordable,” says Stephen Leonard, Director of Mortgages at Alliance & Leicester.

No they are not...."People are afraid that houses are unaffordable."

For years we have been told that houses are "affordable" because interest rates are low.....Surely only the debt servicing becomes affordable if the interest rate is low. Houses are affordable only if they command a price comparable to their intrinsic value.

Borrowed money is still very cheap to service (4.5%) ..................but what the general population is just becoming to realise is that the debt still has to be cleared.....and with prices of £250K for sh#tty little "appartments" and little inflationary errosion they are facing a lifetime+ to clear it.

Borrowed money is still very cheap to service (4.5%) ..................but what the general population is just becoming to realise is that the debt still has to be cleared.....and with prices of £250K for sh#tty little "appartments" and little inflationary errosion they are facing a lifetime+ to clear it.

Yeah, but if the worst comes to the worst they can always sell to some other mug... crap, nobody can.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Tried to vote but it said 'You are unauthorised to use this script' Is this Norton doing this?

Got the same message and I don't use Norton products. Switching off Zone Alarm seemed to fix it.

Switched it back on straight away though!

64% when I voted.

That poll has kind of backfired on them :P They should amend the article to say 66% of people think that house prices will fall....

Yes - 66%

No - 28%

Not sure - 5%