House Price Crash Forum

Mortgage Joy To Last Three Years

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

"Joy"?! Tell that to my indebted work colleagues. Some of them need TWO jobs just to stay afloat (not me).

Can somebody please investigate Richard Desmond's property interests?

E6Xnp4Hp.jpg

You need to bottle this and prescribe it to the UK as a whole..... Priceless.......

A lot of work went into collating all this bullshite....

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Joy at Jennifer Aniston.

THere's no need to buy a newspaper for 'expert' financial advice if rates are to stay low. Saving rates tables, and advice?

On the other hand if the economy is that weak newspaper expenditure will be at the top of the list of cuts!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

E6Xnp4Hp.jpg

Express: Bunch of F"ng scumbags.

Edited by Milton

HOLA4411

I'm going to start a campaign using an updated version :ph34r:

Yes, thanks indeed for this.

It needs to be circulated far and wide. There was an opportune moment over on the EAToday site and I've just posted the link.

The Express comments section is rarely moderated. Any one care to post it there with a link to this site (Sibley, since you're probably reading this, would you oblige?)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Heard them mention this story on Talk Sport this morning.

Between them, the presenters' conversation went along these lines....

"Good news especially for mortgage holders, because you are laughing all the way to the bank "

"so hopefully this means house prices will go up again?", said one of the other presenters.

Then they all agreed the trouble was banks were not lending enough, and they all agreed that banks needed to lend more. :rolleyes:

I despair, they all sounded so desperate for house prices to go up.

HOLA4414

Lets see how long their 'joy' lasts when they start to realise that their pay is running out earlier and earlier every month..

And as per the law of unintended consequences, don't headlines like this take the pressure of buyers to 'jump in whilst rates are low'?

Upshot - more motivated sellers and less motivated buyers.

Thanks Mr Desmond ;)

HOLA4415

"Good news especially for mortgage holders, because you are laughing all the way to the bank "

"so hopefully this means house prices will go up again?", said one of the other presenters.

Then they all agreed the trouble was banks were not lending enough, and they all agreed that banks needed to lend more. :rolleyes:

I despair, they all sounded so desperate for house prices to go up.

And they say religion is dead!

HOLA4416

Which I'm sure is pure coincidence with how all low fixed rate deals are currently limited to 3 years ;) ... lets be clear on this, the plan amongst BoE and lenders is to allow the odd imminent rate rise story to circulate despite an obvious intention to keep rates rock bottom for another couple of years in order to scare people onto fixed rate deals so the that lenders can make a little bit more margin.

The real indicator of comming rate rises will be when differentials between fixed and variable rates start to increase or fixed rate deals being pulled altogether.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4417

As a mortgage holder I gotta say that the longer rates stay low the better! This cheap money has really helped knocked years of the full term. The longer they stay low the more chance of paying it all off before the rates rise!

But appreciate that this isn't so good for those with savings earning tiny interest and suffering from inflation.

Love the montage of headlines - astonishing!

HOLA4418

So instead of being able to buy a 4 bed detached for 250k they can have a really expensive 2 bed flat for 250K. Are they too stupid to realise that the only people who benefit from rising prices are multiple property owners (eg landlords) and boomers who are downsizing. Why would any one want to borrow more and more money from the bank and pay massive amounts of interest.

Ah but what if I am sitting in my £160k flat 60% paid off, I look to the future do I want to up size, work my ass off for a relatively minuscule increase in living space with no savings?

Or do I pay it down to £50k with the interest at £58 (less than having full Sky access) enjoy life for the next 50 years?

The problem is upsizing is taking on the same mortgage (£150k) all over again, this is how distorted the so call steps of the ladder have become. There is the problem, to downsize you need someone to upsize.