House Price Crash Forum

Here, Try This For Size, But Only If Your Wad Is Big Enough

HOLA441

Just to back up one of Boom n Busts earlier posts, here's the latest off the Yorkshire production line of over inflated houses for sale. This has just hit Rightmove today and shows the continuing escalation of asking prices round my way in North Yorkshire.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-944...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Madness, it will never sell at this price ........... or will it ??!!

Would you pay £500k, for a 3 bed bungalow like this ??

Crash ? not a snowballs chance in hell of a crash round here !!

HOLA442
Just to back up one of Boom n Busts earlier posts, here's the latest off the Yorkshire production line of over inflated houses for sale. This has just hit Rightmove today and shows the continuing escalation of asking prices round my way in North Yorkshire.

With all the high flying Financial sector job, it wont crash in the North

HOLA443
Guest KingCharles1st

F********************K OFFFFF-- somebody IS joking- right...?

HOLA444
Guest Bart of Darkness
An individually designed detached bungalow set in approximately 1.2 acres

Surely the land is the biggest expense/attraction here?

HOLA445
Guest muttley

It seems overpriced,but here's might be why...

There are three outhouses and a detached double garage. Viewing is a must to appreciate the size and quality of ''The Cottage''.

I'm guessing that this is being marketed as a demolish and new build.The three outhouses and double garage could be included in the floorplan of the new property.You might be able to build a pretty substantial property in 1.3 acres of land. (Still overpriced though)

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Surely the land is the biggest expense/attraction here?

Spot on, a bit of planning permission granted for two new properties a good possibility and that price is a snip. A cousin of mine bought in N Yorkshire six years ago on a very large plot 2 acres. Sold a part to a builder last year with planning permission for 300k.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest KingCharles1st
Spot on, a bit of planning permission granted for two new properties a good possibility and that price is a snip. A cousin of mine bought in N Yorkshire six years ago on a very large plot 2 acres. Sold a part to a builder last year with planning permission for 300k.

It doesn't say there is permission (unless I missed it.) Also, I know for a fact that in a lot of North Yorks (especially the Dales) planning is unbelievably difficult to obtain.

HOLA4410

but with the land you could open your own paraqeet centre for birds of excellence.

facilities could include. rationing for birds - what to do, reckless endangerment and corporate hosting.

i reckon with a fresh lick of lead paint id be quids in to make a fast buck and split to oz sharpish.

HOLA4411
Guest Charlie The Tramp
It doesn't say there is permission (unless I missed it.) Also, I know for a fact that in a lot of North Yorks (especially the Dales) planning is unbelievably difficult to obtain.

Sorry you misunderstood, I was trying to say a good possibility, where the land is already a part of a residential plot Prezzie will more or less overide any objections.

HOLA4412
Guest muttley

If you're knocking down an existing property then planning permission will be given for a same-size property (or properties) to be built.The significance of the outbuildings is that they can be included in the plans.Architects talk about a "footprint" when trying to imagine how big a property you will be given permission for.

So say the bungalow was 1,000 sq ft and the outhouses were 2,000 sq ft you would get permission for a 3,000 sq ft bungalow or (get this) a 6,000 sq ft house.A developer might decide to build three 2,000sg ft houses.

The double garage could be included in the plans too.

HOLA4413

I would rather stick my *** in a blender than buy that pile of **** for 1/2 Mil.

HOLA4414

I will keep you all posted on this one - how long it takes to sell, and if the asking price is reduced.

Knowing the location, I would be suprised if they would get anymore than two houses approved on this land, in fact it wouldn't suprise me if most of the land is actually greenbelt.

So I reckon its £500k + cost to build two new houses and thats a gamble based on P/P being granted.

Anyway, must be off to my Planning Officers meeting !

HOLA4415

Hi,

OK, fair enough. Can you expand a bit on economic, social issues underpinning it then? What

are the differences between those other nations mentionned, who recently sacrificied their economies

trying to prop up property speculation, only to end up with big price falls in the end anyway, and this region?.

If you can identify those key fundementals, I'll put some wad down. Is there a specific business

or industry boom in place there, very high number of wealthy people buying holiday homes there,

very specific demographic group pushing prices in certain areas up, where is the money coming

from? If you trace the graph for historical house prices, this present level is about the highest

ever and for every consequence, there is a cause. What is that cause? Now, many analysts are

placing it down to a large increase in the broad money supply, the result of the 1 trillion pound

mortgage and loan expansions of the past five years. But in that time, productivity has not

increased, the real economy as a whole has hardly moved. In some areas, public sector apart,

it has actually contracted. All the more, given the huge trade and fiscal budget defecits we are

now facing, increasing oil prices and a falling pound. In the absence of the real economy driving

house prices, you could be left to conclude that the government - via the banks and fraudulent

consumer mortage and loan approvals - have been at the priniting press. Eventually people work

that out, as they did in Argentina a while back, or even our own nation back in the seventies. There

are many other precedents for it (ie., think Germany in the 1930's with people going shopping with

wheel barrows full of printing press money when people worked out the money wasn't real).

But if you have a little insider information, I am prepared to stand corrected. Go on, share it.

Boomer

HOLA4416
Guest KingCharles1st
but with the land you could open your own paraqeet centre for birds of excellence.

facilities could include. rationing for birds - what to do, reckless endangerment and corporate hosting.

i reckon with a fresh lick of lead paint id be quids in to make a fast buck and split to oz sharpish.

I think you would stand a genuine chance if the centre was actually for LESBIAN parakeets..

• 1 month later...
HOLA4417

Well, I said I would keep you posted on how this property sale got on.

Started at £499k only 6 weeks ago - now its changed estate agents and is down to £450k. Probably not even had one viewing and thats why they've changed EA etc.

http://212.50.188.105/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?de...1/THECO/42737/1

Its still massively overpriced though compared to what this would have been marketed at last year. Still got £100k to drop in my mind before its back in line with 2004 pricing.

All good fun init !

HOLA4418

Started at £499k only 6 weeks ago - now its changed estate agents and is down to £450k. Probably not even had one viewing and thats why they've changed EA etc.

Its still massively overpriced though compared to what this would have been marketed at last year. Still got £100k to drop in my mind before its back in line with 2004 pricing.

All good fun init !

Interesting how the acreage has gone down from 1.2 to 1 acre .

HOLA4419
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4420

Started at ?499k only 6 weeks ago - now its changed estate agents and is down to ?450k. Probably not even had one viewing and thats why they've changed EA etc.

Its still massively overpriced though compared to what this would have been marketed at last year. Still got ?100k to drop in my mind before its back in line with 2004 pricing.

All good fun init !

Well here you go - this choice property has now had a further £15k choopeed off the asking price - now £435k.

I'll stick to my original thought thats its Market Value should be around £350k ........ only £65k to go now.

Personally, as I know the property/plot I still wouldn't buy it until it got to around £250k, as then you would have to start redeveloping.