House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyOne

Time For Some Fun

Jul 14th, 2011

Natalie Baker

DECORATING!! My house sold within a week!!! Because its lovely, and airy and I painted it cream to give a better illusion of space even though its just a little mid-terrace. I looked at the other properties for sale on my street on rightmove and they were badly decorated so i knew that mine would be the best of the bunch, even though it was a little more expensive!

:lol:

And our old favourite :

John Sibley

I think sellers should stick to their prices not drop a penny.

This is a bas time to sell but the situation is going to improve fast. Now the banks are starting to compete with mortgage deals. Once finance is available you will have a lot more buyers than houses.

Don't sell cheap now. Wait a little while and get the right price. Expect prices to rise 16% over the next few years. That money would look much nicer in your bank than somebody elses.

Jul 14th, 2011

Natalie Baker

DECORATING!! My house sold within a week!!! Because its lovely, and airy and I painted it cream to give a better illusion of space even though its just a little mid-terrace. I looked at the other properties for sale on my street on rightmove and they were badly decorated so i knew that mine would be the best of the bunch, even though it was a little more expensive!

:lol:

Reminds me of a joke I once heard at comedy show, went some thing like this "I'm currently in process of selling my house, so I painted all the walls, ceiling and floor black, covered myself in tin foil and put on a silver helmet. The estate agent said it was important to give the illusion of space"

Some people are just incapable of thinking for themselves:

Margaret Paterson

I wish the government would do something to help first time buyers get on the property ladder and it would allow other people to move on.I am desperate to sell my property in order to downsize for health reasons ,having just recently had a heart operation.We have hd our home on the market now for some time hoping it would have sold before the op but so far no luck

It's so ingrained that their house is worth £x, that it's a problem that needs Government men to fix.

Edited by cheeznbreed

And our old favourite :

John Sibley

I think sellers should stick to their prices not drop a penny.

This is a bas time to sell but the situation is going to improve fast. Now the banks are starting to compete with mortgage deals. Once finance is available you will have a lot more buyers than houses.

Don't sell cheap now. Wait a little while and get the right price. Expect prices to rise 16% over the next few years. That money would look much nicer in your bank than somebody elses.

Come back Sibbers, all is forgiven :D

Top response on the right hand side!

Top Response

Price it right. We got our place valued at £x so we marketed it at £x minus 10% to get viewers and we accepted a further 10% off to get a sale. Even then the sale fell through a few times before we managed to get a completion. So get real with pricing because people like me are waiting to buy again but only if people price at sensible levels. Sell now if you can, as your house will be worth less in six months time.   Ade

:D

I wonder who decided this would be top comment?

Edited by Pent Up

Come back Sibbers, all is forgiven :D

NOTHING is forgiven. Same for Bardon. Curious we don't see them here any longer.

NOTHING is forgiven. Same for Bardon. Curious we don't see them here any longer.

I know - a couple of auctions in Melbourne / Sydney head south and Bardon does a runner. Very unsporting to go without letting the HPC crowd take the piss :lol: