House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Bedales School Expels 13-Year-Olds For Whisky And Sandpit Sex

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/8649062/Bedales-School-expels-13-year-olds-for-whisky-and-sandpit-sex.html

An anonymous teacher was also reported to have written to parents, warning that the school was in crisis.

They said: "As parents you need to ask 'who has lost their job' over the scandal that occurred when 13-year-old children (it could be your child) took drugs, drunk and had sex on the school premises and in school time.

"The total lack of care is shocking and you should be asking questions about the safety of your children and why certain members of staff are constantly protected."

As a morally responsible person I need to ask why aren't all children who take drugs, get drunk and have sex immediately taken into care and re-educated?

Although this is a story about a school with £30k a year fees and no mention of house prices of those who send their children here, I'm morally outraged.

Breeding the chavscum populace of tomorrow , Bliar would be proud to see his wet dream come to fruition like this.

Many years ago I once went out with a teacher at a staggeringly expensive girls' private boarding school in Sussex. I was surprised when she told me that teaching in private education is more or less entirely unregulated: no teaching qualification is necessary, and most of the teachers in these places get their jobs through nepotism of one sort or another: they are virtually never advertised. My ex had an MA in a largely unrelated subject to the one she actually taught, and that was about it.

Now I'm not trying to suggest that a PGCE is a guarantee of quality - as our state system shows, it very clearly isn't. But if you have a system in which, basically, the only criterion for getting a job in these places is knowing the right people, I'm not surprised at the allegation that 'certain members of staff are constantly protected', and that there are endemic behavioural problems with the kids there.

As for the sandpit, that sounds highly unpleasant - highly abrasive grains of sand finding their way into orifices where they will make their presence felt in highly unpleasant ways...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/8649062/Bedales-School-expels-13-year-olds-for-whisky-and-sandpit-sex.html

As a morally responsible person I need to ask why aren't all children who take drugs, get drunk and have sex immediately taken into care and re-educated?

I agree entirely, take them into care and properly educate them.

Send them somewhere with a good reputation and good educators, like a boarding school that costs around £30k a year, oh hold on..........

I agree entirely, take them into care and properly educate them.

Send them somewhere with a good reputation and good educators, like a boarding school that costs around £30k a year, oh hold on..........

I went to a school very near there many years ago. I seem to recall Bedales having a bit of a reputation as a sink for 'special' kids.

Still nothing in that article that wasn't going on at every school in the country 15 years ago, 30 years ago, 60 years ago, etc...