• Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

+1

Since I went part-time I now pay £530 less tax and NI per month + I get an extra £400-450 per month in tax credits. Net result is I pay zero tax and NI (actually get about £100 per month extra back). I also only work 117 days per year. What's not to like?

Thank God there are full time tax-rats like me to pay for you. I'm sure you deserve every penny of my money.

Are we related? Because I wonder if I should also include you in my will. The only condition is that you be buried beneath me - alive. What's not to like?

HOLA448
HOLA449

Thank God there are full time tax-rats like me to pay for you. I'm sure you deserve every penny of my money.

Are we related? Because I wonder if I should also include you in my will. The only condition is that you be buried beneath me - alive. What's not to like?

I too would have still been a full-time tax rat but due to bullying and victimisation at work (from a workaholic tax-rat) myself and a colleague put in for a job-share. We've never been happier. Doubt if I'll every willingly go back full-time unless it's into a job which I really love.

HOLA4410

initial investment - $3000 back in oct 2009

current investment is close to $200,000, 19 months later.

the good thing is that i do not need to reinvest the whole $200,000 to continue to obtain good returns.

Online poker?

I've been there, done that.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I had no idea there were fellow "magyars" on here! Which district u in if I may ask (I spend 3-4 months of the year in my pad near MOM PARK, XII district). I spend the time in Hungary purely for the food and wine :D

viszontlatasra.

Jo estet kivanok!

I'm in the XI district, Lagymanyos / Kelenfold area. I do the opposite of you, spending 3 months of the year with family in the UK. The food and wine is a good reason but there is so much more - low rents, high culture, politeness and civility, but with an air of bohemian down at heel shabbiness which puts off the international super rich. It is how I imagine Paris was in the fifties (and indeed is used as a filmset as such) before UK BTL locusts took over.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

i gave up the rat race, but then lost all the things that come with it. leaving me quite solitary. its not all its cracked up to be. now when i go to london i want to be back on the tubes with the excitement and buzz.

you only get one life. (on here anyway) and here we are wasting it talking to a screen via a keyboard.

its not ideal. you need social contact.

HOLA4424

i gave up the rat race, but then lost all the things that come with it. leaving me quite solitary. its not all its cracked up to be. now when i go to london i want to be back on the tubes with the excitement and buzz.

you only get one life. (on here anyway) and here we are wasting it talking to a screen via a keyboard.

The whole point of giving up the rat race is so you can spend more time being with the people that you want to spend time with rather than being with the people you have to spend time with....not forgetting doing things you want to do, not what you have to do..... as well as being in a place you want to be in. ;)

HOLA4425

I'm glad someone said this. I like the rat race. It's all about the job you do and who you do it with.

If you're commuting 300 miles on a packed train and hate it then do something about it. Maybe you don't need a 4-bed house? We live in a tiny place with two kids and people said it would be impossible, but it's fine - we just chuck out/ebay all the shit we don't need, and it means we're 20 minutes from the city. Took the kids to the Natural History Museum and Hyde Park yesterday. Memories to treasure. Couldn't do it in Rhyl.

Archived