House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gaz123

New Mortgage 1St Time Buyer

Hi, People

New around here and also a 1st time buyer.

We have seen a house for £135,000 ( 20 YEARS OLD ) so the next step is to get a mortgage.

I am 31 and my partner is 44, what atm is the best deal on a mortgage, i understand you may need more info but i dont know what you will need so please ask away.

Also could you give me info on why the mortgage you say is best please so i can understand.

thnaks

Gareth

Hi, People

We have seen a house for £135,000 ( 20 YEARS OLD ) so the next step is to get a mortgage.

I am 31 and my partner is 44, what atm is the best deal on a mortgage, i understand you may need more info but i dont know what you will need so please ask away.

Also could you give me info on why the mortgage you say is best please so i can understand.

thnaks

Gareth

I hope the house was on the market for 170k?

What deposit do you have? That will determine your mortgage options.

5, 10 , 15 grand say what would be the options with that has a deposit

Did you mean 5, 10 or 15%?

If you did mean thousand then you're out of luck - there's only 15% deposit minimum mortgages out there at the mo (which would mean over 20k deposit plus at least a grand for all of your other costs too).

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mortgages/ (click on "Low Deposit").

As for which one to go for, it all depends on your personal circumstances. Speak to an independent financial advisor (although note that they get commissions from the mortgage providers so aren't completely impartial).

Hi, People

thnaks

Gareth

Whoever said that there is only mortgage with 15% deposit available at the moment is wrong. I just took a mortgage with my 10% deposit, my repayment are really affordable and I am happy with it.

Why don't you have a look on here: http://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/tables/

and make a few phone calls.

Then you can decide if you are ready to buy or not depending on how much it is going to take of your disposable income every month.

Good luck