House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

3 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

Yeah, if my house purchase falls through I will be putting 30% of my cash in sovereigns and keeping them in a vault. Who did you use, one of the big ones? Was it easy?

Now that Gold has started its move, I see it going to $2500 by year end, and most miners going up 50% or doubling, provided there’s no big equity crash.

I bought 30k worth off big miners last week, in the subsequent days they went up 8%! Who needs Bitcoin.

Still not bought was looking at chards 15 sov was just under 5k

Might buy 45 i was hoping gold dipped under 1200 but got close

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2018 could be the year for gold https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/popular/2141-2018-could-be-the-year-for-gold

Always my experience as well, so I second your recommendation.

It's entirely  dependant on what you are comfortable with. And obviously how much you would need on hand in the effect of something seriously drastic happening.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, markyh said:

Good luck staying poor, 8% is a 4hr chart move in Bitcoin. I will make you a bet, money in bitcoin now will massively outperform Gold by Xmas 21. 

Well I’m not poor to start with, I just want to preserve capital in the event I don’t buy a property. Also I don’t bet, I invest.

Edited by HovelinHove
Typo
7 hours ago, markyh said:

Good luck staying poor, 8% is a 4hr chart move in Bitcoin. I will make you a bet, money in bitcoin now will massively outperform Gold by Xmas 21. 

Also 8% in 4 hours (either way recently) is not somewhere I would park serious amounts of my wealth. Gold miners are businesses that produce a commodity that always has a baseline demand. Miners are a bargain at the moment from a historical perspective, and if Gold does break out, 8% will be nothing. You are a Bitcoin ramper and you talk like a demented teen...it’s embarrassing. 

53 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Also 8% in 4 hours (either way recently) is not somewhere I would park serious amounts of my wealth. Gold miners are businesses that produce a commodity that always has a baseline demand. Miners are a bargain at the moment from a historical perspective, and if Gold does break out, 8% will be nothing. You are a Bitcoin ramper and you talk like a demented teen...it’s embarrassing. 

Uh huh. 4 years minimum in bitcoin will make you more return than 30 years in Gold.  £2k in 2013/14, now worth £215k.  I too only invest, bought gold and gold miners in 2010, return so far is not even single figures in over a decade. 

2 minutes ago, longgone said:

Oh well just bought a load of gold 🤣

Wish me luck

Good luck, i don't think returns will be amazing, but if you don't see 100% gain with 5 years o would be shocked. If you dont, it shows Gold is well and truely fiddled, there will have been $5 trillion printed by then. 

2 minutes ago, markyh said:

Good luck, i don't think returns will be amazing, but if you don't see 100% gain with 5 years o would be shocked. If you dont, it shows Gold is well and truely fiddled, there will have been $5 trillion printed by then. 

Im expecting better than 0.5% savings rates

If it beats the inflation rate even better.

Trouble is there is not much stock about

3 hours ago, markyh said:

Uh huh. 4 years minimum in bitcoin will make you more return than 30 years in Gold.  £2k in 2013/14, now worth £215k.  I too only invest, bought gold and gold miners in 2010, return so far is not even single figures in over a decade. 

Yeah, you are going on my ignore list, you are religious about Bitcoin.

7 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

🤣🤣🤣

You are an embarrassment. I've made more in Bitcoin over 8 years (while helping others achieve the same) than you'll ever make in your entire life (or help others), through any means. 

'There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know.' 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
On 09/05/2021 at 18:03, longgone said:

Oh well just bought a load of gold 🤣

Wish me luck

You won't need "luck" You've chosen a solid INVESTMENT which will at minimum proect your purchasing power in the long term & if you're not poor, as you've said, you now have the best available financial insurance policy.

Get the popcorn in. 😉

On 09/05/2021 at 21:23, HovelinHove said:

Yeah, you are going on my ignore list, you are religious about Bitcoin.

He made my ignore list a long time ago along with some guy on a copper crutch...

9 hours ago, headmelter said:

He made my ignore list a long time ago along with some guy on a copper crutch...

More fool you. Myself and @warpig are gud mates now after putting aside our differences. I genuinely like the guy and am learning a lot about his trading style while sharing my Bitcoin and crypto knowledge.

44 minutes ago, azogar said:

silver vs bitcoin (daily candles)

btcxag.thumb.png.4d476d0b9c784b7e463af86786054f6d.png

You love the "domes" aye!  Yep Silver has crashed priced in BTC, in June, unless Silver rises a lot in USD, it's falling out of that dome as BTC will be making it's next leg up to six figures usd. 

On 11/05/2021 at 09:18, headmelter said:

You won't need "luck" You've chosen a solid INVESTMENT which will at minimum proect your purchasing power in the long term & if you're not poor, as you've said, you now have the best available financial insurance policy.

Get the popcorn in. 😉

Dunno its gone down since i bought. 🤣

Surprised the postman just shoved it through the letterbox after singing it themselves. Shocking.

Mining stocks 'up' on the back of the inflation 'concerns' as raw material price hikes continue. I wonder if the junior gold miners will start to budge in an inflation hedge but also in sympathy. Hmm  

On 12/05/2021 at 14:11, longgone said:

Dunno its gone down since i bought. 🤣

Surprised the postman just shoved it through the letterbox after singing it themselves. Shocking.

It's just teasing you...

The courier left a monster box of Ag Maples on my front door step in 2006... Mind you there's quite a bit of weight in a monster box but I messaged CID & any further orders were always signed for...