House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

Ok so same applies to your btc chart predictions?

Also, i will make you a chart prediction for silver with a price range and timing and if im right i win, if im wrong you win. Agreed?

I dont make chart predictions, i am stating BTC will be six figures by December 31st or before, at least a 5 x from now. I dont need charts, i have stock to flow modelling based on maths. 

What i cant tell you is if it will be $100k or $300k, but i expect around $250k. 

Sure as long as it is nor pennies in price over hours or a few days. If you predict the Silver price by December 31st 2021 i would be impressed.  

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2018 could be the year for gold https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/popular/2141-2018-could-be-the-year-for-gold

Always my experience as well, so I second your recommendation.

It's entirely  dependant on what you are comfortable with. And obviously how much you would need on hand in the effect of something seriously drastic happening.

Posted Images

I dont make chart predictions, i am stating BTC will be six figures by December 31st or before, at least a 5 x from now. I dont need charts, i have stock to flow modelling based on maths. 

What i cant tell you is if it will be $100k or $300k, but i expect around $250k. 

Sure as long as it is nor pennies in price over hours or a few days. If you predict the Silver price by December 31st 2021 i would be impressed.  

I will give you an exact price that will be reached at the back end of August next year / early sept (say 15-08-21 to 15-09-21) and give you a smallish price range (say +/- 10%) for 31-12-21. Are we agreed?

Wow... loads of posts have disappeared... putting these 2 back here.

How much gold is there left to mine in the world?

"While this price rise was driven by gold traders, it begs the question about the supply of the precious metal, and when it will eventually run out.

Gold is in hot demand as an investment, a status symbol, and a key component in many electronic products.

But it's also a finite resource, and there will eventually come a stage when there is none left to be mined.

Peak gold

Experts talk about the concept of peak gold - when we have mined the most we ever can in any one year. Some believe we may have already reached that point.

Gold mine production totalled 3,531 tonnes in 2019, 1% lower than in 2018, according to the World Gold Council. This is the first annual decline in production since 2008.

"While the growth in mine supply may slow or decline slightly in the coming years, as existing reserves are exhausted, and new major discoveries become increasingly rare, suggesting that production has peaked may still be a little premature," says Hannah Brandstaetter, a spokesman for the World Gold Council.

Even when peak gold happens, experts say the years immediately after it are not likely to see a dramatic decrease in production. Instead, we could see a gradual depletion of output over a few decades.

"Mine production has flat-lined, and is likely on a downward trajectory, but not dramatically so," adds Ross Norman of MetalsDaily.com."

Gold mining production has "flat-lined"

I can happily give gold a plug, but silver is fun too - volatility is your friend.

Hey lads, I understand that your gold market is closed for a few days hibernation. While you await the thaw here's a dancing tree to help keep you entertained in the meantime...

Animated-Dancing-Christmas-Tree-bestsell

Worth noting Gold has been around for two millenniums as a medium of exchange and store of value while BTC has been around 11 yearsl  

Gold will still be here after BTC as well so you might want to pay more respect to it in future.. 

Hey lads, I understand that your gold market is closed for a few days hibernation. While you await the thaw here's a dancing tree to help keep you entertained in the meantime...

Animated-Dancing-Christmas-Tree-bestsell

You really are the pr1cks pr1ck...

I there there is quite good potential for gold to surge higher in price, realistically we have another 18 months at least of restrictions and recession due to covid 

thats going to mean more and more aggressive money printing, and more and more large cash handouts to the general populace 

they will maintain inflation and target inflation well above 10% each year (hoping to get at least 3-5% in reality) 

and I do believe in there being a big lag in inflation, once everyone finally cottoned on to inflation being a real and coming threat it’s going to drive assets way way higher. 

Gold is the obvious mainstream place to store value, to me the charts look like it’s about to rip a lot higher.

certainly gold miners are doing very well, it’s easier for the funny money to buy shares in miners than the metal itself.

but I see great things coming for gold, could even start early in January the next large run, double or triple it’s current price.

also even post covid in maybe 24 months time, we will have years of recovery and debts to pay back, it’s going to be an absolute debt drag, like a huge anchor on the economy.

central bankers will go full throttle knowingly targeting inflation, and with money printer each round has to be double the size of the last round, they have to maintain the ‘wow factor’ in money printing to stoke inflation

even if gold remains unpopular there will be so much money sloshing around its bound to pick up some of it.

I think we are going to have years of stagnation until maybe 2025 then it’s a perfect storm for a 2029 blow off top, as the lag in inflation suddenly catches up, house prices go to the moon, shares go to the moon, gold goes to the moon.

then following the 2029 cash gold again goes even further.

certainly everyone should hold some gold, I think now has been the best time to hold gold in our life times, everything is pointing towards a big run soon. 

And yes I do love BTC but I do feel like gold is very much more mainstream and a much bigger market, there are still huge gains to be made, although as a ‘mature investment’ won’t be as high as BTC, but a lot less volatility! 

Calm down. It’s was a bit of friendly festive banter highlighting how antiquated the gold market is that it hibernates for days over Christmas. Crypto never sleeps. 

Crypto is a PONZI.

When are you going to cash out? Or are you going to HODL until you die. Maybe they will bury you with a USB stick?

Crypto is a PONZI.

When are you going to cash out? Or are you going to HODL until you die. Maybe they will bury you with a USB stick?

🤣
You know its going to be btc falls to 7k then hodl for another 3 years then it goes up to 35k and so forth same time wasting bs.

Why not short it then and make yourself a very rich man? You like money don't you?

Money is an affliction of society. Not particularly no its a man-made necessity not of my choosing.

What's a few 100k of profit going to do. Still breadline poor in reality. Just fighting the waves till the big wipeout.

Just bought more physical silver. My bet is that it's safer than Bitcoin as if BTC is regulated people can still use it, but it will be difficult to transfer between cash and BTC. BTC will be regulated if it seriously threatens fiat or a future government/central bank backed crypto.

By comparison, holding phsycial Silver is the safest option and it may moon big time or at least hold its value (its not going down).

I do hold £450 in BTC for a consolation prize if I'm wrong, but I'm betting on Silver and I already have some Gold. 

Would be interested to hear anyones thoughts on this to check my thinking. 

Just bought more physical silver. My bet is that it's safer than Bitcoin as if BTC is regulated people can still use it, but it will be difficult to transfer between cash and BTC. BTC will be regulated if it seriously threatens fiat or a future government/central bank backed crypto.

By comparison, holding phsycial Silver is the safest option and it may moon big time or at least hold its value (its not going down).

I do hold £450 in BTC for a consolation prize if I'm wrong, but I'm betting on Silver and I already have some Gold. 

Would be interested to hear anyones thoughts on this to check my thinking. 

Rough total purchase value of all your physical silver?  £2k, £5k, £500k ? And when did you buy the BTC?  Or how much BTC did you get for your £450?