House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

Good I'm glad this is common knowledge. The CME are a one trick pony now, I suspect at some point with the Pan-Asian Gold Exchange opening, that this will become less of an issue moving forward.

surprised? show me anyone that understands this and isnt waiting for it.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2018 could be the year for gold https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/popular/2141-2018-could-be-the-year-for-gold

Always my experience as well, so I second your recommendation.

It's entirely  dependant on what you are comfortable with. And obviously how much you would need on hand in the effect of something seriously drastic happening.

Posted Images

Really? And yet you seem to think that Jim Sinclair's reasoning is not?

He's a VI and gold miner.

Like Foxtons sold houses, he sells gold.

His 'angels' are nothing more than a simple arithmetic progression i.e. Add 1 to previous number and turn it into a geometric progression i.e. squared.

When you have GLD capitalised at MORE than SPY it really ought to be screaming something at you, but apparently not.

At least you follow your reasoning and I entirely respect. You'll be correct as long as you're correct. I hope you do well.

The idiots of course deserve to lose their shirts and no doubt will.

Sorry to see Warpig's personal attacks against me removed by the mods.

Personal attacks show the writer up for who they really are. I'd have left them for others to see.

My reply to him didn't contain any such ad hominem's so I'm not sure why it was removed. I haven't attacked him or anyone else. Why delete my posts?

His 'angels' are nothing more than a simple arithmetic progression i.e. Add 1 to previous number and turn it into a geometric progression i.e. squared.

When you have GLD capitalised at MORE than SPY it really ought to be screaming something at you, but apparently not.

At least you follow your reasoning and I entirely respect. You'll be correct as long as you're correct. I hope you do well.

The idiots of course deserve to lose their shirts and no doubt will.

Interesting, http://seekingalpha.com/article/287463-gld-close-to-overtaking-spy-as-world-s-largest-etf

Sorry to see Warpig's personal attacks against me removed by the mods.

Personal attacks show the writer up for who they really are. I'd have left them for others to see.

My reply to him didn't contain any such ad hominem's so I'm not sure why it was removed. I haven't attacked him or anyone else. Why delete my posts?

Unbelievable.

The personal shit is getting too much and is way out of order.

I am bullish metals longterm but bearish short term.

I value all opinions and dont come here for confirmation.

A thread full of bulls talking about prices too the moon is useless to me. I want reality and objectiveness. If that means people going against the grain, which it fking well should, then great! I want to hear and see arguments for and against.

The only opinion that is wrong is wrong after the event, until it happens it is a distinct possibility.

I dont think that gold is a bubble but I can see the charts and am not stupid enough to completely discount the possibility.

Quit with the personal shit, put up your charts, every opinion is as valid as the next. I dont want to see a thread that is bulls only because apart from the fact that it would be a pile of shit it wont end well.

A thread full of bulls talking about prices too the moon is useless to me. I want reality and objectiveness. If that means people going against the grain, which it fking well should, then great! I want to hear and see arguments for and against.

The only opinion that is wrong is wrong after the event, until it happens it is a distinct possibility.

I dont think that gold is a bubble but I can see the charts and am not stupid enough to completely discount the possibility.

Quit with the personal shit, put up your charts, every opinion is as valid as the next. I dont want to see a thread that is bulls only because apart from the fact that it would be a pile of shit it wont end well.

The similarities to the housing market are quite incredible. Not saying that means anything. Just find it very interesting.

Imagine the above about the housing market on Singing Pig in 2007.

Why are you so worried about the different reasons why people get excited about gold?

Is it a bubble, or reflecting the collapse of fiat currencies? We won't know until time has passed. But it is a lot of fun watching the show, vested interests and all.

Sinclair was 6 months out with his timing, but he predicted $1,600 gold a decade ago. I don't think Sinclair can be compared to the likes of Foxtons.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

You can never be sure if they mean what they say, but there is a consistent message from some quarters of a parabolic rise in gold when faith in the banking system is lost, when central banks print new money unbacked by debt, and when paper promises to deliver gold start defaulting.

I guess only with time will we know if these story tellers are the ones telling the truth.

I see central banks printing money without governance by political authorities.

I see banking systems breaking down.

I see the price of gold going parabolic.

Fiat currency still appears to be going though.

What about paper contracts for gold? Are they being fulfilled? Anyone have an insight into that market?

Why are you so worried about the different reasons why people get excited about gold?

Is it a bubble, or reflecting the collapse of fiat currencies? We won't know until time has passed. But it is a lot of fun watching the show, vested interests and all.

I am not worried, I have placed my chips and have my opinion.

I started placing my chips on gold at $400 and I placed my chips on silver at under $10.

I do value everyone's opinions though, especially if they can explain them with a chart.

What I dont like is people being shouted down or slagged off because they have gone against the grain.

I dont agree with RK and dont believe that gold is a bubble even though the gold charts look much like the charts for property prices which everyone here saw as so obviously due a crash.

I dont agree with RK but I cant discount the possibility that he is right. Just because I dont agree doesnt mean that I want him shot down and banished - the thread loses all value when only one side is left.

Grow the fuk up and show me your charts :D

I'll second that.

I started placing my chips on gold at $400 and I placed my chips on silver at under $10.

I do value everyone's opinions though, especially if they can explain them with a chart.

What I dont like is people being shouted down or slagged off because they have gone against the grain.

I dont agree with RK and dont believe that gold is a bubble even though the gold charts look much like the charts for property prices which everyone here saw as so obviously due a crash.

I dont agree with RK but I cant discount the possibility that he is right. Just because I dont agree doesnt mean that I want him shot down and banished - the thread loses all value when only one side is left.

Am I the one who should grow up?

Alas I don't know how to cut and paste charts on this phone, typing each word is tricky. Lots of nice charts on goldprice.org though.

This is pretty basic - but I still like it even after all these years. I would say UK property is at capitulation. Gold could be somewhere in between Enthusiasm and greed. Then again - who ******ing knows. Ask me in 5 years and I will get it spot on. :lol:

bubble-psychology-chart.jpg

This is pretty basic - but I still like it even after all these years. I would say UK property is at capitulation. Gold could be somewhere in between Enthusiasm and greed. Then again - who ******ing knows. Ask me in 5 years and I will get it spot on. :lol:

bubble-psychology-chart.jpg

I missed the media attention.

Perhaps we need a snappy tv title?

Gold Gold Gold.

Sovereigns under the hammer.

Escape to the Krugerrand.

Charts are for traders. If you are a trader, you should be on advfn etc, not here.

Also you say you bought into gold at 400$ then you bought wuth understanding of the precarious situation.

I call you ******** and i also bet you never bought gold until recently and now you wre scared of a Sharp pull back.

Am I the one who should grow up?

Alas I don't know how to cut and paste charts on this phone, typing each word is tricky. Lots of nice charts on goldprice.org though.

No, it wasnt aimed at anyone specifically but now that we are here - if all that you can do is cut and paste and you dont have your own charts or the capability to produce them then maybe you should just shush for a bit.

Charts are for traders. If you are a trader, you should be on advfn etc, not here.

Also you say you bought into gold at 400$ then you bought wuth understanding of the precarious situation.

I call you ******** and i also bet you never bought gold until recently and now you wre scared of a Sharp pull back.

I do trade and charts are for traders bur charts are for everyone.

I started buying at $400 but sadly didnt have the money then to do any real buying. I bought in bits all the way until $900 which was when I really bought big.

I was scared of a sharp pullback at $1000 and then at $1200 and at $1500 and at $1600 and at $1700. I do believe that there is a correction due but I am not scared of it now because I buy my coins and play my paper at sensible ratios.

au3650nyb.gif

Anyone thinks it's going to 2000 before (if) it corrects?

It is about 90 bucks short of 2000 isn't it so, hmm, looks likely to break the 2000 within 48 hours... but the markets do appear to like to crash stuff around round figures... perhaps 2000 will be too tempting a figure for the powers that be... whoever they are....

Fascinating watching it all.

No, it wasnt aimed at anyone specifically but now that we are here - if all that you can do is cut and paste and you dont have your own charts or the capability to produce them then maybe you should just shush for a bit.

Huh?

I don't need charts to support my arguments. And I told you where to find some if you like pictures.

I am just enjoying the show.