House Price Crash Forum
Lagarde's Drift

Aghhh, Shoeshine Moment

Wouldn't a person you claim to be your OH receive the reply "we do" ? ;)

Not if you ask some of the others on this forum....

If TSHTF then of course I'd use all my resources (together with hers) to help our survival and that of our loved ones.

But, holding physical comes with security risk, and the very best security you can have is to not tell anyone about it. Including your OH. Opsec and all that.

I think my delay in reply has already given the answer. I may fudge it though, and just say that I hold some shares and ETFs.

Never admit holding physical to anyone, not even family.

All they need to do is mention it to someone else, and once the TSHTF you will find yourself waking up to find your bed surrounded by armed men shining torches in your face.

There will be some very entitled, very desperate people out there.

All they need to do is mention it to someone else, and once the TSHTF you will find yourself waking up to find your bed surrounded by armed men shining torches in your face.

There will be some very entitled, very desperate people out there.

Exactly right. Its for their own good and protection as much as yours.

Its a cross you should bear on your own ;):lol:

Edit: My post sounds like I'm joking but joking aside I'm serious.

Edited by Sine270

I wouldn't tell parents, siblings etc, but surely anyone I trust enough to be my OH I would also trust with that knowledge?

Otherwise where would the secrets stop? Certainly if I was married I would want to know where all of our shared assets are held, I wouldn't want my OH investing in risky assets, hiding them and not telling me.

I wouldn't tell parents, siblings etc, but surely anyone I trust enough to be my OH I would also trust with that knowledge?

Otherwise where would the secrets stop? Certainly if I was married I would want to know where all of our shared assets are held, I wouldn't want my OH investing in risky assets, hiding them and not telling me.

Till your death bed. And BEYOND seriously. I keep telling this story, my mum's relative died and at the wake when everbody left to do something else. The corpse 'got up' and broke down a wall upstairs and the 'corpse' was found clutching the family stash. If the corpse had not done this they'd have been evicted.

Aghhhhhhh

My OH has asked me whether I have any GOLD.... I have two problems now!!

1. How do I lie?

Go to a decent jewelers

Buy your OH something nice in gold

Give it to her

Say you were planning to save it for Xmas/Valantines/Birthday/Anniversary.

Good luck.

Till your death bed. And BEYOND seriously. I keep telling this story, my mum's relative died and at the wake when everbody left to do something else. The corpse 'got up' and broke down a wall upstairs and the 'corpse' was found clutching the family stash. If the corpse had not done this they'd have been evicted.

I see corpses (zombies) all the time, just walk down any high street in the UK and you will see them too :lol:

Go to a decent jewelers

Buy your OH something nice in gold

Give it to her

Say you were planning to save it for Xmas/Valantines/Birthday/Anniversary.

Good luck.

Don't be silly, what you do is buy gold plate and claim it is real gold, nigh on 99% of people can't tell the difference.

No.

I'm not advocating converting 80% of your liquidity into PMs and sticking it in the garden and just pretending to the missus that you've blown it all on hookers or whatever.

I am a 10%-20% PM person, and to build this up over time using income without telling anyone really isn't that difficult.

I wouldn't tell anyone. Not a soul. I may not even put it in my will actually, who cares if I'm dead?

Aghhhhhhh

My OH has asked me whether I have any GOLD.... I have two problems now!!

1. How do I lie?

2. Surely this is a shoeshine moment!! I was planning to buy more!!!

Aghhhhhh

If you lie, you couldn't do any worse than Ben Bernanke :lol:

Is the OH worried about the impending fiat money collapse or wanting to sell it to Cash4Gold, so she can do some shopping therapy?

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

If she doesn't know, she can't be tortured into telling it to other people.

Out of interest do you plan to take it with you in your coffin? How will the family find it if you croak unexpectedly?

A TREASURE MAP HAR HAR HAR

Pirate.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh what fun, I need to get down to the solicitors to sort this out

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is nothing like client confidentiality.

(Not since around 2002/2003 ;) )

OOOH ERR it gets even more interesting...

Perhaps I could send different fragments of a map to different people who don't even know they have it, then have the will reveal the key to putting them together....

HAR HAR HAR