HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

And how does one go about buying it ?

Only history will tell us. It's that simple. A lot of people are putting their money where their mouths are though.

You can buy from sites like coininvestdirect.com which I have used with zero problems.

Have a read of both sides of the argument and make a choice.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Only history will tell us. It's that simple. A lot of people are putting their money where their mouths are though.

You can buy from sites like coininvestdirect.com which I have used with zero problems.

Have a read of both sides of the argument and make a choice.

thanks.. i thought it was obligatory to reply in riddles though.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Probably not such a good idea asking all these nutters. Gold has been a good store of value in the long-term but has an unfortunate problem that in times of crisis the government has a habit of taking it off you or taxing you astronomically for converting it back to a purchasing currency. See?

Fungability - that's the key to an asset class.

HOLA4414

Probably not such a good idea asking all these nutters. Gold has been a good store of value in the long-term but has an unfortunate problem that in times of crisis the government has a habit of taking it off you or taxing you astronomically for converting it back to a purchasing currency. See?

????

i used to live in brazil.. they were still gerting over the time when the government decided that any savings over $3000 (or some such) now belonged to the government. But surely not in the developed world ?????

HOLA4415

And which asset classes don't get taxed or taken off you when the government wants?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

????

i used to live in brazil.. they were still gerting over the time when the government decided that any savings over $3000 (or some such) now belonged to the government. But surely not in the developed world ?????

I think you need to open some European history books (Wikipedia might help). We are currently within the worst crisis in 300 years so that's your scope. eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

And which asset classes don't get taxed or taken off you when the government wants?

Ones they cannot store or convert easily.

Edited by TwoWolves

HOLA4418

I am clearly out of my depth ....but i dont understand.. surely to sell i would have to buy first ...

All depends if you are JP Morgan or not, you can go naked and sell first without ever having bought. Good shit, no? :)

I'd stay away from Gold if I was you, it's a barbaric relic, you cannot eat it and when push comes to shove the Govt. will simply confiscate it from you.

Now pass me the reefer...

HOLA4419

What a daft and unhelpful collection of replies. Obviously a lot of people on here, have absolutely no idea about what they are talking about and are just repeating rumour and/or non-information.

Gold represents one of the best investments, and it has done a fantastic job of protecting my savings over the past 4 years. I'm not in it for the long term, just trying to avoid having the value of my wealth destroyed by UK Government.

There are many ways to buy, you could purchase unallocated - and entitlement to gold, with no storage charges - or you could buy physical - although, you will need to pay for storage. Alternatively, you could buy physical and bury it in your garden and pay nothing.

In terms of bullion or coins - lots of people and buying coins; if you wanted to do this, I would suggest Britannia 1oz coins as you won't have to pay capital gains tax. They are relatively small, and can be easily hidden, and you can easily build up a store over time. To actually make a purchase, I would suggest Baird & co - goldline.co.uk - or ATS Bullion - two very established and trustworthy London dealers.

Hope this helps,

HP

HOLA4420
Obviously a lot of people on here, have absolutely no idea about what they are talking about and are just repeating rumour and/or non-information.

Gold represents one of the best investments, and it has done a fantastic job of protecting my savings over the past 4 years. I'm not in it for the long term, just trying to avoid having the value of my wealth destroyed by UK Government.

There are many ways to buy, you could purchase unallocated - and entitlement to gold, with no storage charges - or you could buy physical - although, you will need to pay for storage. Alternatively, you could buy physical and bury it in your garden and pay nothing.

In terms of bullion or coins - lots of people and buying coins; if you wanted to do this, I would suggest Britannia 1oz coins as you won't have to pay capital gains tax. They are relatively small, and can be easily hidden, and you can easily build up a store over time. To actually make a purchase, I would suggest Baird & co - goldline.co.uk - or ATS Bullion - two very established and trustworthy London dealers.

Hope this helps,

HP

Never argue with a messianic goldbug :rolleyes:.

HOLA4421

Never argue with a messianic goldbug :rolleyes:.

Well I will.

Goldline and ats may be reputable but their prices are shit and there are many better places.

I also wouldnt buy brits and would stick with sovs for a number of reasons the most relevant being that they are better value.

I didnt find the reply daft but it wasnt particularly helpful either since it still didnt answer the op's question.

Op, you need to do a bit more research than asking here - but fwiw the summer doldrums appear to have ended early this year, I still think that there will be a better buying opportunity before the autumn run though. All eyes are on europe though and a few on the US debt ceiling so no one knows. You pays your money and you takes your chances :)

HOLA4422

What a daft and unhelpful collection of replies. Obviously a lot of people on here, have absolutely no idea about what they are talking about and are just repeating rumour and/or non-information.

Hope this helps,

HP

It's another screaming obvious bubble. Anyone who buys now is nuts. In fact, hasn't the BBC run a headline about gold today? History shows that as one of the most reliable contrary indicators.

HOLA4423

It's another screaming obvious bubble. Anyone who buys now is nuts. In fact, hasn't the BBC run a headline about gold today? History shows that as one of the most reliable contrary indicators.

So now that the BBC talk about house prices falling we should really be buying houses because they are about to go to the moon?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

So now that the BBC talk about house prices falling we should really be buying houses because they are about to go to the moon?

Yes, and as News International shares are in a dip, that also shows a good buying oportunity.

OP, read up and be patient, it's not rocket science.

Best of fortune.