House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Cheryl Cole Buys A $5M Ex 5 Star Hotel Pad In Us

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2015939/Cheryl-Cole-tells-Ashley-delete-number-buys-lavish-new-LA-home.html

The palatial two-bedroom pad also boasts three luxury bathrooms, a home cinema and an outdoor swimming pool, all for the costly sum of $5,050,000 (£3million).

Cole's new Beverly Hills apartment was originally part of a five star hotel, which may explain the skyscraper exterior of the buildilng.

Not sure how much of this is shared, would a 2 bed appt have a home cinema? The outdoor swimming pool certainly seems to be very shared and all for a mere $5m.

And why is this newsworthy?

Will we soon get updates about every fart of David Beckham too?

interestrateripoff, please stop posting irrelevant rubbish from the daily hate mail, it's degrading this forum...

---

interestrateripoff, please stop posting irrelevant rubbish from the daily hate mail, it's degrading this forum...

---

So this forum has nothing to do with property prices then?

Huge price falls have been noted in the US and yet this development is selling at $5m.

Perhaps I should post about the X-Factor instead.

---

I think if you buy the right magazine you will soon become an expert.

It is quite remarkable the amount of paper wasted on telling us the most pointless banal stuff. Though on the other hand I am totally sick of this hacking story, the press are going overboard just now just imagine the bad news the government are 'burying' just now.

Hasn't she been humiliated enough in USA, never mind getting fleeced over a 2 bed apartment as well?

The developers are probably laughing all the way to the bank - well laughing before throwing the money away on an ill concieved development.

Doesn't seem a good deal at all to me.

I have been keeping an eye on LA property in, the hope of a lottery win, and there are plenty of wonderful houses you can buy for a fraction of that money.

The place to be is Malibu for would-be Hollywood types as that is where all the movers and makers meet up for breakfast in various caffs, etc.

---

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/869695-cheryl-cole-splashes-out-on-la-pad-amid-latest-ashley-rumours

Newsworthy because sadly the sheeple love to know what this sort of person is doing. If Cheryl is investing in property then it's good to buy property!

More importantly - the article reveals that this purchase is as a result of breaking it off with Ashley and wanting to make a fresh start.

How sad that for probably the majority of the population, this story is a lot more important than the great bankster swindle or the rampant debasement of currency and the theft of savings. That's if they are even aware of real things that are going on as opposed to celebrity shite.

I am surprised this little thug is allowed into the US in the first place given her previous.

I was thinking the same myself and then wondered how Vinny Jones manages to remain there and the fact Joey Barton was refused entry for a pre season football tour BUT managed to go on holiday to vegas only weeks before.

I was thinking the same myself and then wondered how Vinny Jones manages to remain there and the fact Joey Barton was refused entry for a pre season football tour BUT managed to go on holiday to vegas only weeks before.

Presumably he didn't bother declaring his record when he went as a tourist on a visa waiver and given that they get hundreds of thousands of tourists every year they can't check the background of every one.

Going with the team would be classified as 'work' and therefore subject to more stringent checking as he would have needed to apply for a visa.

I suspect that he will have problems should he try to go as a tourist in the future. It needent be a bar as you can apply for a visa but it's pot luck as to whether you will be granted one.

On a similar note, Rebekah Brooks will surely have trouble going to the US in the future as she has been arrested and therefore no longer eligible for a visa waiver?

I think it's something to do with a work visa vs holiday visa. I had problems transiting through the US on work, but not when just entering for a holiday. They have something like 3 different anti-terrorism systems, all requiring manual data entry at the checkpoint (if not already registered). Imagine how long it would take a thick immigration officer to enter all your details in (and ask the same questions to you each time).... then add in a long queue ahead of you.....

It's difficult to pick up a magazine, newspaper or tune into a TV channel without her name coming to the fore. This is the reason I give most of them a wide berth.

Is the HPC forum the bastion to fall.

The place to be is Malibu for would-be Hollywood types as that is where all the movers and makers meet up for breakfast in various caffs, etc.

Couldn't you just turn up at the various caff's etc?

And anyway Cheryl is not A list material. Gordy accents only work for C4 announcers and X Factor judges.

On no! I need reprogramming. I can't believe I'm discussing celeb trivia on the internet!