House Price Crash Forum

100 Mills Silver Bars

HOLA441

I have been looking on ebay with disbelief as 10x1oz 100 mills bars were sold for £285 and other lots of 1oz mills bars are going for around £20.

I cannot believe that ebay are letting this continue,its a disgrace.

I think the bars are copper underneath the silver plating so they are probably worth less than a couple of quid scrap.

HOLA442

I know fluck all about PMs and have succesfully purchased much of my meagre PM collection off the bay, if people can't read a description and realise that you don't get 1oz siler bars for £20 then they deserve to be ripped off? The descriptions are often very accurate and don't lead you to belive you're buying investment grade silver in any way.

I'm not saying it's right but ebay is always a case of buyer beware, with plenty of safeguards in place (feedback, returns, paypal, description,..)

HOLA443

I have been looking on ebay with disbelief as 10x1oz 100 mills bars were sold for £285 and other lots of 1oz mills bars are going for around £20.

I cannot believe that ebay are letting this continue,its a disgrace.

I think the bars are copper underneath the silver plating so they are probably worth less than a couple of quid scrap.

Just this morning I saw a 1oz 100mills bar with an hour left for around £25 and £2 postage! It was clearly labled "layered", "100mills" and plated. Maybe some shill biding going on trying to raise this sort of junks profile?!

HOLA444

Just this morning I saw a 1oz 100mills bar with an hour left for around £25 and £2 postage! It was clearly labled "layered", "100mills" and plated. Maybe some shill biding going on trying to raise this sort of junks profile?!

As discussed on the other thread, if they gave an accurate description of 'silver plated' (the normal way of describing stuff that's, er, silver plated), then the scam would be seen through by 99% of buyers.

HOLA445

E Bay as usual are complicit in what is almost fraud, but not quite....I used to mail E Bay about this crap and explain why I thought it was being sold fraudulently as silver, but nothing was ever done.

I guess, we know by now that they put their profit margins way above any other considerations...a bit like Murdoch :rolleyes:

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

HOLA446

E Bay as usual are complicit in what is almost fraud, but not quite....I used to mail E Bay about this crap and explain why I thought it was being sold fraudulently as silver, but nothing was ever done.

I guess, we know by now that they put their profit margins way above any other considerations...a bit like Murdoch :rolleyes:

Yep, they used to take action a long time ago but profit became obviously more important as time got on. Once they bought paypoo then that was that, they make money from all angles on every deal now so are nothing more than the biggest legal fence in the world.

HOLA447

Personally don't see what the problem is with these layered bars on the bay.

If someone wants to buy junk metal wrapped in a precious metal then leave them to it - this reduces the money going into the real thing keeping it cheaper for us lot to buy.

What I do find remarkable is that someone would pay roughly 50% of the price of the real thing to end up with something that is probably worth no more than 5% the price of the real thing.