House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KingBingo

The End Is......

I'm defining this as widespread debt default both national and personal across the world, banking collapse, mass public sector lay-offs, end of welfare world wide. A return to an economy where if you don't do something productive, you don't eat. Also likely the end of faith in fractional reserve banking and fiat money.

Please vote for what you truly believe, not what you want to happen.

Edited by KingBingo

The system has been in state of crisis since 2008.

Its just that the collapse has only hit some.

If you loose your job then you will go through "the collapse".

However, the real breakdown will not come until people go hungry. When people go hungry they loose it.

I'm defining this as widespread debt default both national and personal across the world, banking collapse, mass public sector lay-offs, end of welfare world wide. A return to an economy where if you don't do something productive, you don't eat. Also likely the end of faith in fractional reserve banking and fiat money.

Please vote for what you truly believe, not what you want to happen.

your are mixing together things that won't necessarily happen together or at all. The welfare state and the banking issues are entirely separate, the elite are using the welfare issues to disguise the fundamental flaws of the monetary system, that they created for their own benefit.

The real benefit-scroungers that need their 'benefits' removed before anyone else are the ultra-wealthy elite.

Edited by awake_eagle

The system has been in state of crisis since 2008.

You say that, but when I read autobiographies of traders and Austrian economists they have been saying what we are saying now since the 70's.

Logically I know our system does not make sense.....A consumption based economy??........But somehow, on and on it goes.

i'm sticking with that mayan thing having some credit, so for the world as we know it to end and no 'tunnel of light' in sight to be realised i've voted anyday now.

that's around 15 months for things to deteriorate beyond the point of no return.

lock and load people it's gonna get messy :ph34r:

[/tfh]

Edited by bendybogle

i'm sticking with that mayan thing having some credit, so for the world as we know it to end and no 'tunnel of light' in sight to be realised i've voted anyday now.

The Mayan 'end of the world' thing isn't necessarily bad. Yes, it'll be a time of significant change, which we've already started (I'm convinced that the seemingly never ending financial crisis is part of the process) , but there is a chance that a fairer, more equitable, system will come out of it all. Major change doesn't need to be accompanied by bloodshed.

I'll be surprised if we make it to the end of 2012 without the deferred crisis of 2008 coming back to bite us on the ass.

I'll be surprised if we make it to the end of 2012 without the deferred crisis of 2008 coming back to bite us on the ass.

Amended for you, Mayan style ;)

Amended for you, Mayan style ;)

I'm very sceptical of the Mayan calendar and the surrounding myths, but to be fair it's a falsehood to say that the Mayan's predicted the end of the world for 2012. In fact they only predicted the end of our current era, with the expectation that the era that will follow will be a better one.

So if the Mayan calendar turns out to be correct then we can hope for an imminent better future!

---

Edited by awake_eagle

I'm very sceptical of the Mayan calendar and the surrounding myths, but to be fair it's a falsehood to say that the Mayan's predicted the end of the world for 2012. In fact they only predicted the end of our current era, with the expectation that the era that will follow will be a better one.

Completely agree, the end of the 5th sun doesn't coincide with the end of the world. I was just being facetious :P

Guest spp

So if the Mayan calendar turns out to be correct then we can hope for an imminent better future!

Nothing to see here...

Edited by spp

---

Any of you actually been to the chitzen itcha?

I have, and its true that it's 'calendar' the building itself does run as far as 2012, but that's because they finished the building. There are plenty of other Mayan 'calendars' that date long before and long after 2012, its simply that the most famous, chitzen itcha, just happens to expire on 2012. That date holds no significance for the Mayans whatsoever. I mean they built the thing in 600AD, they probably did not think they needed more, not that they calculated the end of the world ffs.

Any of you actually been to the chitzen itcha?

I have, and its true that it's 'calendar' the building itself does run as far as 2012, but that's because they finished the building. There are plenty of other Mayan 'calendars' that date long before and long after 2012, its simply that the most famous, chitzen itcha, just happens to expire on 2012. That date holds no significance for the Mayans whatsoever. I mean they built the thing in 600AD, they probably did not think they needed more, not that they calculated the end of the world ffs.

Exactly. I think all this 2012 stuff is a bad interpretation of the end of a time period, not the end of time.