House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyOne

Rbs, Barclays And Lloyds Down Between 6% And 8%

Shares in RBS, Lloyds and Barclays "fell out of bed" into the close to-day and ended up down between 6% and 8%. HSBC was "only" 1.25% and broadly in line with the market fall.

Does anyone know what happened to the other three?

The only thing that I can speculate is that it has something to do with rather dire capital needs related to the stress tests that was leaked to the market before any announcement was made.

But, but, but, I thought it was all contained?

:lol::lol::lol:

Best get the printing press wheeled back out if the stock markets are crashing again...

Black Tuesday it is then

nailed on.

Stress test results being released. Think if i remember right barclays was on as being exposed a lot to euro periphary - check ftalphaville.ft.com, they had a bit more on it.

you've got the same illness as IRRO.drink some creosote and report to the 'thought' clinic Mr Flibble.

when you start saying

'recovereh,meh!'

then we'll know it's terminal.

Will do, cheers, thought there was something wrong with me today :lol:

Sigma X Trading Suggests European Contagion May Be Shifting From Italy To The UK (yes I know, zerohedge)

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/sigma-x-trading-suggests-european-contagion-may-be-shifting-italy-uk

Well the way the Govt. are pissing money up the wall a knock on the door cannot be far off.

For each £ the ConDems save they go blow another two £ on something else even more ridiculous.

Well the way the Govt. are pissing money up the wall a knock on the door cannot be far off.

For each £ the ConDems save they go blow another two £ on something else even more ridiculous.

Ladbrokes has tightened the price on Cameron's being the next cabinet member to quit the government from 100/1 ten days ago to 12/1 now.

Bankers been making placing more bets with our money?

Stress test results being released. Think if i remember right barclays was on as being exposed a lot to euro periphary - check ftalphaville.ft.com, they had a bit more on it.

I think a decision must have been made at EU level about Greece defaulting. Falls in bank shares reflect the market's judgement of where the default fall-out will hit hardest.

Shares in RBS, Lloyds and Barclays "fell out of bed" into the close to-day and ended up down between 6% and 8%. HSBC was "only" 1.25% and broadly in line with the market fall.

Does anyone know what happened to the other three?

The only thing that I can speculate is that it has something to do with rather dire capital needs related to the stress tests that was leaked to the market before any announcement was made.

doesn;t HSBC have a lot of Asian exposure to offset European exposure, the other 3 don't?

Ladbrokes has tightened the price on Cameron's being the next cabinet member to quit the government from 100/1 ten days ago to 12/1 now.

Bankers been making placing more bets with our money?

No doubt about it - where do you think they geneerate their "profits" from. Wouldn't believe anything in their accounts. They've taken the cheap money thrown at them by the bankrupt of england and used it to gear up their play again, totally counter to what was promised by all and sundry when they said they were going to fix the system - they collectively haven;t fixed it they have rigged it.

No doubt about it - where do you think they geneerate their "profits" from. Wouldn't believe anything in their accounts. They've taken the cheap money thrown at them by the bankrupt of england and used it to gear up their play again, totally counter to what was promised by all and sundry when they said they were going to fix the system - they collectively haven;t fixed it they have rigged it.

They've spun the roulette wheel again and now we're watching for the where the ball lands.

could be the govt selling its stakes in the open market to shrewdly lock in those profits for the taxpayer

I believe at today's price the taxpayer is looking at a 30% loss.

I believe at today's price the taxpayer is looking at a 30% loss.

i think you need to stop looking at it 2 dimensionally and look at the bigger picture, even with the additional currency loss on top thats an infinitely better return than Boo.Com and Polypeck added together so a very shrewd return,

Edited by Mary Cassatt

i think you need to stop looking at it 2 dimensionally and look at the bigger picture, even with the additional currency loss on top thats an infinitely better return than Boo.Com and Polypeck added together so a very shrewd return,

TARP II and Bail-Out II?

Maybe Murdoch is orchestrating this to take the focus off his problems? :P

doesn;t HSBC have a lot of Asian exposure to offset European exposure, the other 3 don't?

That was the theory postulated by the people on CNBC after the close.

They also said that if you believe that thesis, you should buy Standard Chartered.

Perhaps a long Standard Chartered, short Barclays position is not a bad one to take as a proxy hedge against a collapse of the UK's banking system.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by so few banks failing the stress test. The markets know that I'm reality its more than a few banks, and so the stress test is again a weak test. That has the opposite effect of the intended. It weakens confidence in more banks. It's like giving kids more A grades. Everyone says A levels are worth crap, whether they are or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by so few banks failing the stress test. The markets know that I'm reality its more than a few banks, and so the stress test is again a weak test. That has the opposite effect of the intended. It weakens confidence in more banks. It's like giving kids more A grades. Everyone says A levels are worth crap, whether they are or not.

..it's their individual exposures to the problem Euro countries which it appears the 'tests' did not take into account on the basis of country failures for any of these problem nations.... :angry:

Edited by South Lorne

true - they'll be a select few privy to all the unknown info too. all makes for shaky markets and snowball effect.