House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

70% Still Need Buyer

Rightmove July HPI - 70% of this year’s sellers are still to find a buyer

says their facebook status.

I wonder what the awareness is of this? Are they just counting on being on of the 30% (and presumably then one of the x% that eventually complete), or blissfully unaware of the state of play?

Twas ever Thus, there are always many multiple more properties for sale, than ever sell... Its always been a buyers market (shhhh dont tell the buyers that, because that gets rid of the drama and rush)

Houses For sale in Worcester since 2006:

countbytype-worcester-200701-201107.gif

Houses sold in worcester since 2000:

counts-worcester-200004-201104.gif

try it for yourself:

http://www.home.co.u...ces_by_town.htm

Edited by AteMoose

Twas ever Thus, there are always many multiple more properties for sale, than ever sell...

You've got to admit, 30% turnover in six months is not especially impressive. That's a market half life of almost exactly 1 year. Since when did it take a year to sell a house?

Took me 7months to sell. My house went on the Market in April 2007 between the 2 agents valuations. I took the agents word on what it was 'worth' which was around 25% more than what I'd have realistically expected. I imagine its a whole different ball game now! (this was an FTB house that needed finishing. I bought it pretty much as a shell with no CH and needing a refit from a BTL in 2003)

You've got to admit, 30% turnover in six months is not especially impressive. That's a market half life of almost exactly 1 year. Since when did it take a year to sell a house?

Doesn't it include the ones that have been taken off becuae they didn't sell either to sit on empty, stay in and not move, gone back to let, put up for let for the first time, or taken off to relist later in the next peak selling season?

The real clearance rate could be a lot lower.