House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sure thing!

Mew For Home Abroad

Was just talking to someone about some crazyness at peak and turned out we both went along to a "foreign property expo" or something at the kings hall back then. It was advertised on the radio while I was in town so my wife and I went along expecting it to be multi vendor sales thing like ideal home/bridal things they have. However it turned out it was just a one company sales push, we were sat down at a screening table and asked "How much equity do you have in your house?" I didn't get any further as said my financing was my business not theirs and she replied with something like "If you have no money please leave as there are plenty others willing to take this opportunity by releasing equity." the alarm bells that were ringing loudly when we were made to sit down were now deafening so we up and left, shame we missed that opportunity eh!

The place was pretty rammed so guessing there were plenty of people happy to consider MEW for this crowd, and seeing how ruthless they were being I'd imagine they were quite good at pulling it off with those caught in the spell.

Wonder how this worked out for those that went for it, I can guess but not really heard anything about it, and if there were other companies so overtly pushing MEW to get you to buy things from them?