House Price Crash Forum

How about ??

kilo-silver-bars.jpg

Better than gold?

cumbersome and difficult to bury. people are catching on now to how the banks are stealing from them via inflation. flight of paper capital. silver is fine. anything but mashed up trees with ink on them, passed down a generation or three as IOUs.

even the most financially illiterate people are catching on to whats happening, but alas, gold4u has emptied the chavettes of all their valuable booty.

: )

tee hee.!!

you have your mortgages and inflation and loss making ISAs.

im into dickinsons REAL deal.

And are you aware of the provenance of every last gram?

http://www.channel4....es-94/episode-1

Tut, Tut, how do you sleep at night?

Edited by Dan1

I have a nice feeling about gold and silver going forward now. I bought the alot of gold in 2009 paid 600per oz delivered, the same broker now asks 1000. just a bit longer and that would have doubled,tee hee, and don't even talk about silver thats more than doubled, making me very happy Wonder how many 'property investors' have doubled their money in 2 years? Alot of new all time highs going forward.

tee hee....tee hee hee....hee hee HEE!

tee hee....tee hee hee....hee hee HEE!

Yea those are my 1st thoughts, though the situation is hardly funny. I jumped in at round 650 per Oz and jammed 50k into gold and silver, about 40% of my savings. However i would swap all my gold/silver to have the possibilities of what might happed to disappear. My folks have just retired and the thought of their savings suddenly being worth zero fills me with dread. The repercussions of gold going parabolic while governments hit the printing press are not good.

In any event at this time we can all sit here smug in the knowledge that we made a few bucks. Still the thought that it is not a profit until its cashed in still rings true. Its not perfect but in reality a gold backed standard seems to make sense to me. The concept of borrowing millions to invest and grow is good in principle, but add humans to the equation and it all goes tits up as per.

As great as it all seems i still cant see governments warming to the idea of a standard that they cannot abuse so easily...

Yea those are my 1st thoughts, though the situation is hardly funny. I jumped in at round 650 per Oz and jammed 50k into gold and silver, about 40% of my savings. However i would swap all my gold/silver to have the possibilities of what might happed to disappear. My folks have just retired and the thought of their savings suddenly being worth zero fills me with dread. The repercussions of gold going parabolic while governments hit the printing press are not good.

A point not many people seem to understand as they jump for joy. For every winner there is an equal and opposite loser, when the loser is in your own family it's a little too close for comfort. As the value of fiat erodes the price of Gold rises, anyone holding Gold gains at the expense of a mug holding paper.

Same was true of BTL, for each house a scumlord took some poor FTB did without and ended up renting off the idiot instead.

As Max Keiser says, life if like cake, when someone takes a piece someone else does without, this is all well and good until the commodity in question becomes food, then we have a real problem on our hands.

Edited by MrFlibble

Still the thought that it is not a profit until its cashed in still rings true.

I think valuing your gold in terms of fiat is the wrong approach. Our aim should be to accumulate ounces not count our gains in fiat..

If your stash quadruples in fiat terms you still have the same number of ounces. You are only getting wealthier if you gain ounces.

I think valuing your gold in terms of fiat is the wrong approach. Our aim should be to accumulate ounces not count our gains in fiat..

If your stash quadruples in fiat terms you still have the same number of ounces. You are only getting wealthier if you gain ounces.

True, though i still dont accept that the powers that be will want any type of gold standard as an end game. Due to that i feel its manipulated value will be brought back down to give the blinkered confidence back to whatever type of fiat currency is still in play.

Im on this site like most in that i would like something close to what i feel is a normal life like a home, family and perhaps the change for a few years retirement in which i am not on deaths door. So in conclusion i am using my gold (40% in) as a vehicle to get closer to the home part of the equation without landing myself into a monumental amount of debt - i therefore have to measure it in in fiat when i want to get off the ride.

I guess if you are mortgage free and have a cash backup then counting the number of ounces would be the way forward.